Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Ramjit Tudu
- Wikipedia username
- Ramjit Tudu
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I have been contributing in santali wikipedia which is in incubator and we are trying to make it live. Santali language is an indegenous language which is talked in Eastern india West bangladesh and nepal, bhutan. There is no much work has been done for this language , so I want to make information available through this language in wikipedia.
- I am also contributing to the translate wiki here
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- While I writes and edit articles for wikipedia it takes too much time to type in smartphone, many often network fails and processes for long time. I am also a test administrator of the santali wikipedia Project, as an adminstrator i am helping other contributors to work in this project. All these works become very difficult through smartphone.
- I am a student having part time job bearing my studies from my small income and unable to afford laptop.
- I'm one of the 10 odd editors of the Santali Wikipedia editors. The community is yet to grow bigger, and I would use this support to train new editors, and grow our community.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I want to contribute Santali wikipedia in writing article on science mostly related to physics and chemisty.
- I will translate in translatewiki for santali Language which are uncomplete.
- I will keep uploading more photos in wikimedia commons.
- I will help other contributors in santali wiki project.
- Very soon with the support of CIS-A2K we the santali wikipedia community are going to organise a workshop with an object to create awareness and create more contributors to the wikipedia.
Community discussion and endorsementsEdit
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support: If he gets this chance, then a new Wikipedia group would be active very soon.--Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 03:50, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Considering the size of the community, a leader like Ramjit should be supported so that they can grow the community. Their contribution so far shows a great commitment to the movement. They already show collaboration with multiple community members spread across four countries. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 04:23, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 08:22, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support This will not only helpful to him but also encourage others to contribute.--Radhadwibedi (talk) 08:29, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Fagu Baskey (talk)
- Support --Subasmurmu (talk) 16:30, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 11:57
- Support--Unique case and deserves a grant.Best,Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 14:35, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Sugeesh (talk) 18:09, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support all the best, my support if it can be considered being an applicant here! -- ɑηsuмaη «Talk» 19:15, 28 February 2018 (UTC)