Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Nepali
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Nepali|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ne (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||nepali||Language name in English|
|Language name||नेपाली||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33823 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||विकियात्रा||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||विकियात्रा||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||विकियात्रा_वार्ता||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||file:Wikivoyage-Logo-ne.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/kathmandu||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Oppose it's empty since creation. --Doostdar (talk) 13:34, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Not well spoken to merit its own Wikivoyage. The target audience is small, and Wikivoyage isn't really for smaller regional languages. SHB2000 (talk | contibs) 12:13, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- Support Many Nepal users don't understand English well, so a Wikivoyage in this language would be urgently needed. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:13, 4 September 2021 (UTC)