Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Japanese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Japanese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ja (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Japanese||Language name in English|
|Language name||日本語||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q5287 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||ウィキボヤージュ||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikivoyage||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikivoyage・ノート||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikivoyage-logo-ja.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||UTC||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||ウィキプロジェクト, ウィキプロジェクト・ノート||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
NB: Previously, we hoped Japanese Wikivoyage could be created directly (in 2013) when Wikivoyage was taken over by the WMF. That couldn't be done; by now it wouldn't make much sense to create a project without an active community. --MF-W 00:42, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
Strong support --Assoc (talk) 03:53, 22 January 2018 (UTC)globally locked LTA. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:29, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
- Comment. Unfortunately, the test wiki is currently nowhere near active enough to get a standalone wiki. (See first bullet point above, starting with "The community needs to".) If you want to support this project, please become a regular contributor to the test wiki at the Incubator and convince some other users to do the same. - dcljr (talk)
- Strong support --184.108.40.206 21:46, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --夢蝶葬花~生涯不敗 07:22, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 15:33, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Soratako🐙 (talk) 15:26, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support without a doubt. This is the best Wikivoyage candidate on meta by far. The Japanese are some of the world's most enthusiastic travellers and should be more than eager to contribute. Sabon Harshe (talk) 17:28, 24 December 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Because I'm getting more active.We love to travel.--Tmv (talk) 05:30, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support --Object＊tofu (talk) 01:42, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support --Linuxmetel (talk) 07:09, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support I am active in JAWY. --Atmark-chan <T/C> 14:03, 14 June 2020 (UTC)