Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Lithuanian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Lithuanian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||lt (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Lithuanian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Lietuvių||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9083 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Vikiversitetas||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||Vikiversitetas||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Vikiversiteto aptarimas||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiversity-logo-lt.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Vilnius||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Fakultetas, Fakulteto aptarimas, Kursas, Kurso aptarimas, Projektas, Projekto aptarimas||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Strong Support. If I'll find a person, who could me help with technical issues (as I'm not skilled enough to create entire (wikiversity) project), I could parcitipate developing it. --Kusurija (talk) 16:19, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- StrongSupport. active in betawv--DangSunM (talk) 22:02, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
- Strong Support. I would contribute to it and it's development. I really think, that this project has potential to attract wider audience. --FuksuFuksas (talk) 20:23, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support Seems active. PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:46, 12 November 2015 (UTC)