Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Catalan
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Catalan|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ca (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Catalan||Language name in English|
|Language name||català||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q7026 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Viquiversitat||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
We are 7,000,000 catalan speakers and we need a free learning site. We need Wikiversity in Catalan. Every time that gouvernement changes, its politicians change our learning books and our classes and we do not want to pay every time they want us to do. We need a free learning web.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Davidpar 16:35, 17 October 2009 (UTC) In favour!
- İn favour too! --Josep Maria Roca Peña (talk) 10:06, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- No volunteers. First help at wiktionary, wikinews, wikiquote, wikibooks and wikisource (wikipedia has a numerous team). Meanwhile, incubator. -Aleator (talk) 21:23, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- --Ilaria - scrivimi 19:12, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm a sysop of ca-wikibooks and I think the same of Aleator. We need help in other projects before create the wikiversity. --Xavier D. (talk!) 17:04, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with the opinions and comments expressed above. --Góngora (T•ES) 18:45, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- In Figueres meeting the strategy about several themes was discussed deeply. This among others. It seems better to focus efforts in existing projects. We are attracting new contributors to wikibooks and we can host there the learning materials. Once we have enought material we can open wikiversisy offering an added value since the begining and then we could take advantage from several situations in the catalan educational system.--Gomà 21:44, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 98.45% of the MediaWiki messages and 66.96% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:58, 12 November 2008 (UTC)