Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Cantonese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Cantonese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||yue (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Cantonese||Language name in English|
|Language name||廣東話/粵語||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9186 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||維基學府||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikiversity||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikiversity talk||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiversity-yue-logo-draft.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Portal, School, Topic, Lesson||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Strong support There is a sizeable Cantonese community and a group of active contributors. The initial stage of the Cantonese Wikiversity could be translating Wikiversities in English and other languages into Cantonese, but it is hopeful that original Cantonese contents will be developed too. Roy17 (talk) 23:49, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I just create the Wikiversity Cantonese due to many of the self-original created transliteration name for foreign countries name (like people, cities, towns, provinces or states in Europe, the Continental for America and Oceania) long before in Wikipedia. And also NOT ALL the transliteration name can be used in Cantonese in accordance with the situation (like the transliteration name have got Mainland Chinese or Taiwan original version instead of Cantonese version, and some transliteration name remain in Cantonese version but seems to be mistaken transliterated). And these transliteration name in Cantonese have talked in the talk page at Cantonese Wikipedia frequently (Because transliteration name in Cantonese is a HOT TOPIC in Cantonese Wikipedia).--PQ77wd (talk) 03:04, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support. As a native Cantonese speaker, I am willing to contribute to this project.Jonashtand (talk) 22:15, 5 June 2020 (UTC)