Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Nepali
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Nepali|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ne (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||nepali||Language name in English|
|Language name||नेपाली||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33823 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||विकिकथन||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||विकिकथन||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||विकिकथन_वार्ता||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiquote-logo-nepali.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/kathmandu||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Nepalese is an Indo-Aryan language. It is the official language and de facto lingua franca of Nepal and is also spoken in India, Bhutan and Myanmar. Nepali has official status in the Indian state of Sikkim and in West Bengal's Darjeeling district. people all over Nepal speak this language. so there will be lot of editors to promote this Wikiquote.-देवराज पौडेल (talk) 03:48, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
Arguments in favourEdit
- I Strong support and I promise to develop it actively.-देवराज पौडेल (talk) 03:48, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- I Strong support Wikiquote Nepali.-BRPever (talk) 10:43, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- I Strong support रमेश सिंह बोहरा (talk) 08:46, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 14:09, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- Strong support - Prakashadhikari (talk) 12:23, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support Learnerktm (talk) 16:26, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
- Strong support Punya (talk) 11:30, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- Strong support -Janak Bhatta (talk) 09:52, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
- At least since December 20, 2015 until January 18, 2016 there are active only two editors, BRPever and देवराज पौडेल, but they are actively contributing. Today, January 18, Wq/ne incubator has 57 articles (not including templantes neither Main Page), although most of them are short stubs. I would support this propose (a widely spoken language deserves to have a wiki), but only if there are more contributors and make grow the quality of the existing content and expand a bit the quantity, also. --Zerabat (discusión) 17:01, 18 January 2016 (UTC)