Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Southern Kurdish
Southern Kurdish Wikipedia
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Southern Kurdish|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sdh (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Southern Kurdish||Language name in English|
|Language name||کوردی خوارگ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q1496597 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Kurdbuddha (N), Kak Language (N), Calak, Bodhdharma (N), Paraw (N)), maalagam (N), Ashkan P. (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Information about Southern Kurdish, Kurdish Academy of Language describing Southern Kurdish||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Speakers: 4,000,000
- Location(s) spoken: Eastern Iraq, Western Iran.
Arguments in favour
- Support Support: Native speakers of Southern Kurdish have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Southern Kurdish language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Kurdish language family such as Kurdish, Zazaki, Kirmanjki and so on. There are 3,000,000 speakers. --Jose77 20:46, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- Support--Calak (talk) 00:11, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support Min.neel (talk) 17:06, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support -- Muhammed taha (talk) 02:30, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support Bodhdharma لە گشت ئەویندارەیل زوان کوردی داوا کەم دەنگ بیەن وەی پڕۆژە ڕەنگینە تا بتۊەنیم زوان ڕەسەن خوەمان هفزەوبکەیم. (talk) 07:27, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support southern kurdish is very different from kurdi (ku) and Surani (ckb). so it's better to has separate wiki project. Actually it need to that.--Arash (talk) 10:37, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 11:11, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- SupportYamaha5 (talk) 08:22, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support It's good idea Kurdbuddha (talk) 10:43, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support > Kushared (talk) 14:43, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support -- Broosk (talk)
- Support --Ταπυροι (گپ) 13:50, 8 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support Paraw Paraw (talk) 11:57, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support Maalagam (talk) 10:02, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- Support very active --Kaiyr (talk) 09:08, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support Ashkan P. (talk) 17:41, 13 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support Needs localisation, but it'll be a great opportunity for 3.000.000 speakers.--Kafkasmurat (talk) 11:55, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support --Koroğlu (talk) 08:25, 1 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Mjbmr (discussion • contribs) 05:03, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support -- Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 05:52, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support 夢蝶葬花@生涯不敗 06:50, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
The testproject in the Incubator is in the Latin script.. Ethnologue indicates that the script used is the Arabic script ... Thanks, GerardM 13:45, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
- Kurdish Wikipedia can be comprehended in both the Latin script and the Arabic script since they had implemented an automatic multi-script conversion tool.
Southern Kurdish could also do the same. --Jose77 20:30, 31 October 2009 (UTC)--Jose77 (talk) 06:40, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
- That IS a different language.., GerardM 21:43, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 0% of the most used messages have been localised.
- Since Southern Kurdish is written in both the Latin script and Arabic scripts, the prefixes sdh-Latn and sdh-Arab should be used respectively for each writing system to enable the interface translations of both orthographies. --Jose77 20:49, 31 October 2009 (UTC)