Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Khakas
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Khakas|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||kjh (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Khakas||Language name in English|
|Language name||Хакас тілі||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33575 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Krasnoyarsk||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
A living language (with 60,168 speakers).
- Strongly support. Living language, normal content to date. --U.Steele 21:45, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Jugydmort 13:52, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Kaiyr (talk) 18:20, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support ISO 639-3: kjh --QECUB (talk) 20:15, 7 Feb 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Comp1089 (talk) 18:44, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- Support request. Children in the Republic of Khakassia learn their native language in primary and secondary school. This language is well spread in the countryside. --HalanTul (talk) 07:50, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support --Kafkasmurat (talk) 11:59, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support -- I strongly support this language.
- Support, and I guess it's now meeting requires for approval?! --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 14:24, 3 February 2019 (UTC)