Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Classical Mongolian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Classical Mongolian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||cmg (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Classical Mongolian||Language name in English|
|Language name||ᠰᠠᠯᠭᠢᠭᠰᠠᠨ ᠬᠠᠤᠯᠢ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q5128303 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||Vertical, LTR per lines||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||ᠸᠢᠺᠢᠫᠧᠳᠢᠶᠠ||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Ulaanbaatar||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Classical Mongolian is the most distinctive Mongolian language. It is widely used in Mongolia, China and Russia. It is the officical language of Inner Mongolia and Mongolia goverment has announced that it will use Classical Mongolian as the only offical language in the near future —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jiderlesi (talk) 2021-04-04 05:44
@Jiderlesi: Per LPP#Ancient or historical languages: Only Wikisource wikis in ancient or historical languages are accepted, because resources in such languages continue to be important to the world, even in the absence of native, living speakers of those languages. Where possible, such languages should be bundled with the modern equivalent Wikisource project (such as Old English with English), though that is not required.
- Comment Currently Ancient languages are not eligible for new wikis. There has been a request to change this policy. You can sign your support here. -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 14:41, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
- Something like a comment from incubator:I:RFD#Wp/fax: I don't think any speaker of Classical Mongolian would ever join this project while these loads of gibberish crap stand there purporting to be their language. As it is now, more than start a fresh project, they will need to get rid of all that garbage prior to start doing anything there. Not to speak of the great disservice it is to the Classical Mongolian language for incubator to host such loads of gibberish purporting to be it. Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:47, 30 July 2021 (UTC)