Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Cape Verdean Creole
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Cape Verdean Creole|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||kea (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Criolo||Language name in English|
|Language name||Kriolu Kabuverdianu||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q35963 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Discussion Wikipedia||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia svg logo-kea.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||CET (UTC-1)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
This creole has about 926.000 speakers and has a united writing system: ALUPEC
Arguments in favourEdit
- --Leefeni,de Karik 22:40, 24 October 2011 (UTC) It differs a lot from Portuguese, many Cape Verdean children in Portugal are expelled from the school because the teachers ignorantly think both language are the same. I can edit it, as I have a big experience with it, despite the fact that my mother tongue is Portuguese.
- Support developing country that has an online presence in this language.Luciferwildcat (talk) 03:37, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support - There's enough that en:Boston Public Schools has a website in Kabuverdianu for people from Cape Verde who live in Boston and send kids to Boston schools. Anyhow when this Wiki goes up, that's going to be my first article request http://www.bostonpublicschools.org/capeverdean WhisperToMe (talk) 16:59, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- Support Kriolu Kabuverdianu and Portuguese languages are very different. I think a Wikipedia project in Kriolu Kabuverdianu is needed. --Sarvaturi (talk) 15:51, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 12:41, 22 October 2019 (UTC)