Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Basaa
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Basaa|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bas (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Basaa||Language name in English|
|Language name||ɓàsàa||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33093 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikìyimbɔk||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikìyimbɔk||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Discussion Wikìyimbɔk||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikìyimbɔk svg logo-bas.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||CET (UTC+1)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Le ɓàsàa est parlé au Cameroun dans plusieurs régions par plus de 500 000 locuteurs. C'est une langue qui dispose de nombreuses publications datant de 1841.
- Translation to English: Basaa is spoken in various regions of Cameroon, by more than 500,000 speakers. It is a language that has numerous publications dating from 1841.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Minor Support, little native speakers seems no longer be a problem to me... --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:59, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
- oppose without a native speaker african language editions fail.Luciferwildcat (talk) 03:30, 31 March 2012 (UTC)