Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Dusun
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Dusun|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||dtp (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Dusun||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bo'os Kadazan/Boros Dusun||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q5317225 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Iso Dusun Sompomogunan||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kuala Lumpur||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
We need Wikibooks in Dusun language.
Arguments in favourEdit
- I oppose for now. The Dusun language don't even have a Wikipedia (current request). It seems that there's no interested community and the development project has little content. I do think that they should concentrate first in a Wikipedia --if it gets approved-- and then, when a sizable community and manpower is avalaible, they should request the creation of other sister projects. Rationale isn't convincing and does not provide any useful information nor demostrates a "need". -- Dferg ☎ talk 16:26, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose --Doostdar (talk) 06:47, 26 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose Only 129 articles on Dusun Wikipedia, I don't think there's a community that can really grow up the project. --Gce (talk) 21:47, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose 🌸 Sakura emad 💖 (talk) 19:06, 13 February 2023 (UTC)