Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Dusun
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Dusun|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||dtp (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Dusun||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bo'os Kadazan/Boros Dusun||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q5317225 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Francis Labi(NP),Franelya Lizendra(N), Felcy(N),Scriptor(NP)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Bolog Iso Dusun||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kuala Lumpur||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
We as indigenous people of Sabah will need a free channel to document our language. Kami sebagai orang asli Sabah perlukan satu saluran bebas untuk mendokumentasikan bahasa kami.FRANCIS5091 02:06, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
Arguments in favourEdit
(Ruputan do mongundi) Kanou no misokodung popoingkakat do babasaon id tompok tunturu.
- Support Support Living language. It has been spoke in Sabah state.Francis Labi 14:41, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support : Native speakers of Dusun have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Dusun language deserves to be given the opportunity and privilege to have its own language edition of Wikipedia. --Jose77 21:10, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support : Yoho nga sumukung nogi diti purujik. Agree with Jose77. --Franelya Lizendra 22:00, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support : This language is still used in Sabah and I think there's a newspaper in this language. --Kurniasan 10:41, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support Used of most people in Sabah, Malaysia.--Aplikasi 10:44, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support It seems that the Dusun language has enough people willing to work on it, so I support them! Capsot 08:01, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support : I believe that the creation of Wikipedia Dusun would do wonders to preserve and bring development to the language itself. Being a minority language, Dusun is deprived of a free medium in which its speakers can express their thoughts, philosophy and culture through their own mother tongue freely. By having a Wikipedia Dusun, this would help the Dusun people, especially the younger generations to realize that their own language is a unique language and that it has the potential to flourish into a more literary language just like any other great lingua franca the world has seen. With the right exposure and publicity, I'm sure that a Wikipedia Dusun will attract many contributors eager to help and support this project.--Scriptor 19:57, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support : Sokong. Dituturkan di Sabah, Malaysia 16:02, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support Will have more than enough users for thr project to function. --Rubbish computer (HALP!: I dropped the bass?) 19:17, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- Support I myself am a Dusun native. Sadly, I can only do basic conversations and commands as I was raised with English as my L1. Seeing each Dusun word replaced by a Malay word day by day makes me sad. In order to protect our culture, we should take steps in preserving it and a Wikipodia Dusun would help in making one of the giant leaps in Boros Dusun history. Nyansama02 (talk) 02:39, 1 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support That is a highly spoken local language in Sabah, which is worth to have its language version in Wikimedia Foundation projects, especially Wikipedia and Wiktionary. Chongkian (talk) 06:41, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
(Ruputan do awu mongundi)