The following request for comments
is closed. The request for comment has been archived with no consensus to impose a global ban.
Statement by Jeff G.Edit
Global ban eligibility:
- Hasive continues to demonstrate the behavior for which I believe a global ban is required.
- Hasive has been given an opportunity to remedy his behavior, his behavior still continues several months after his first blocks for such behavior.
- Hasive is blocked indefinitely on two projects: Bengali Wikipedia and English Wikipedia.
- @Jeff G.: Also indef. blocked on Simple English Wikipedia. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:41, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Liuxinyu970226: Thank you for letting me know! @NahidSultan, Boing! said Zebedee, and Vermont: Thank you for blocking him! — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 14:48, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
On 1 October 2018, due to the preceding he was desysopped on Bengali Wikipedia and indefinitely blocked there.
On 3 October 2018, he resigned from Wikimedia Bangladesh over the preceding and was informed of a discussion of their activities on English Wikipedia's Administrators' noticeboard for Incidents, since archived at w:en:Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive993#Undisclosed paid editing by User:Hasive. He neglected to respond, and was indefinitely blocked on English Wikipedia on 6 October 2018. Included in that discussion was a mention of his potential global ban. His userpage was blanked there on 7 October 2018.
On 31 October 2018, I attempted to have his global account locked at SRG#Global lock for Hasive, and was directed by @Ruslik0 to seek a global ban. Again, he neglected to respond, and that discussion was archived to Steward requests/Global/2018-10#Global lock for Hasive.
On 15 January 2019, he continued to edit Wikidata on behalf of Bangladeshi parliamentarians without disclosure, for instance here.
On 24 January 2019, he continued to edit Wikimedia Commons on behalf of Bangladeshi parliamentarians without disclosure, for instance here.
— Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 13:19, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
(start your !vote with "
- Support as requester. — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 13:28, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose no reason to ban Hasive on Commons. Commons does not require a disclosure of paid contributions. This is also true for MediaWiki Wiki. Alexis Jazz (talk) 14:28, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Alexis Jazz: This Rfc is not about "ban Hasive on Commons" or MediaWiki Wiki. — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 14:41, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Jeff G.: A global ban includes Commons and MediaWiki Wiki. So it is about "ban Hasive on Commons". Alexis Jazz (talk) 14:55, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose – see alternative paid contribution disclosure policies. Moreover, Hasive’s affiliation is already disclosed; I’d support the ban had Hasive resort to sock puppeteering in order to avoid scrutiny. Has anybody an evidence of yet another Hasive’s account? Incnis Mrsi (talk) 15:14, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose It is not for us to enforce the ToS. If any global action is to be taken, it should be by the WMF. Thank you, Vermont (talk) 15:51, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose. It is not under community remit to do this as TOS violations should be handed by T&S.--Cohaf (talk) 16:29, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose This user can be last-ever excuse on these 3 wikis, if he continue vandalling just one more page, then it's even suitable for the normal Global lock. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 14:48, 14 February 2019 (UTC)