Open Heritage Foundation
- Identifying the gaps and problem statements with statistics and issues concerning them.
- Designing innovative and new programs that have inclusive designs that encourage and invite underrepresented communities to join the Wikimedia movement through campaigns.
- One of its core missions is to provide support to groups or affiliates in emerging communities as their allied partners to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify that content freely.
- Our strategic objective is to create pathways to social innovation with new and unique projects with the emerging communities for the inclusion and preservation of all forms of underrepresented knowledge, including, oral or non-Western knowledge resources and resourcing in key areas, including, such as advocacy, partnerships, development of Program design frameworks and technology.
- Our projects encourage underrepresented communities to join the Wikimedia movement to bridge the cultural knowledge gaps on Wikimedia. We organize unconventional and unique styles of campaigns that support documentation of intangible heritage and oral knowledge and are well aligned with 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations Innovate in Free Knowledge and Manage Internal Knowledge.
Strategic Plan for Open Heritage Foundation 2020-2022: Read more.
- Email : email@example.com
- Website: http://www.openheritagefoundation.org
- Twitter: @open_heritage
- Facebook: @openheritagefoundation
Background and historyEdit
We have been working as an non incorporated association since 2018. Open Heritage Foundation is legally incorporated in India and is an affiliated Network member of Creative Commons Global Network since 2019.
What we currently doEdit
By early June 2020, our figures were
- 43 programs, events, campaigns and outreach activities organized
- 4110+ editors tracked during different campaigns
- 4400+ created articles during campaigns
- 29000 images on Wikimedia Commons around the world
- We organize large-scale, international Wikimedia events to ensure for underrepresented groups.
- In June 2020, the community is tracking over 4500 articles on its evaluation table and over 29,000 images of culture around different parts of the world.
Key Priorities we will work onEdit
- We have started to collaborate and invite members and professional experts in various fields and Wikimedia projects from different regions and ethnic groups, marginalized people and allied from under-represented communities of the world. And identify with them what are the knowledge gaps that are not covered within the movement from emerging communities. Some of the key priorities we will invest on are:
- Advocacy in the cultural heritage - Provide support to allied affiliates and groups from emerging communities for developing partnerships with interested cultural institutions.
- Open Access - Open Access advocacy efforts with cultural and knowledge institutions and artists to help make knowledge free, and to help institutions contribute to Wikimedia.
- Documentation of Heritage - Knowledge-curation for intangible heritage via global campaigns to add educational and cultural resources to Wikimedia projects.
- Documentation - Sharing of expertise and knowledge base via developing resources that everyone in the movement can look into over time - to support the work of editors and pursue opportunities to free knowledge in their geographies for use in the projects.
- Story Telling - Sharing success stories, case studies and challenges we encounter to form a knowledge base for intangible heritage from underrepresented communities.
Interested in participatingEdit
- Technical resource--Jayprakash >>> Talk 21:33, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Wikilover90 (talk) 14:01, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Tiven2240 (talk) 16:00, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 02:45, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- --Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 08:29, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- Mr.Mani Raj Paul (talk) 11:35, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 08:21, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- Do count me for any work in volunteer capacity.--Rajeeb (talk!) 13:47, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- Timmylegend (talk) 17:42, 24 July 2020 (UTC)
- Mardetanha talk 14:43, 31 July 2020 (UTC)
- JogiAsad (talk) 10:26, 30 October 2020 (UTC)
- GiFontenelle (talk) 00:36, 2 January 2021 (UTC)
- Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 04:07, 9 February 2021 (UTC)