- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Not ending before 19 February 2022 08:52 (UTC)
I would like to use this account to automate some housekeeping tasks on our pages of Hausa Wikimedians User Group
(i.e its subpages/talkpages).
Edits would be fairly low volume (few edits in a month), so no bot flag is needed, just run approval and autopatrol. – Ammarpad (talk) 08:52, 12 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Ammarpad: has this had prior discussion, for example at Talk:Hausa Wikimedians User Group? — xaosflux Talk 19:30, 12 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Xaosflux: I have brought up this with other members offwiki and it was agreed it's OK. – Ammarpad (talk) 20:30, 12 February 2022 (UTC)
Approved without bot flag
- Hello @Ammarpad:. Could you please do some trial edits? Given that the bot is seeking approval to run only, and not a flag, I think 5 to 10 edits would be enough. If they look okay, I think we can just approve it afterwards. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 19:18, 22 February 2022 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: I have done some few edits. – Ammarpad (talk) 23:06, 1 March 2022 (UTC)
- @Ammarpad: Thanks. Is your bot focusing only on archiving theads? (serviced on Meta currently by SpBot and ArchiverBot). @Xaosflux, MF-Warburg: What do you think? Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:25, 7 March 2022 (UTC)
- Not archiving primarily. Subpages such as reports and docs could be updated with data on external spreadsheet doc. – Ammarpad (talk) 21:07, 8 March 2022 (UTC)
for Hausa Wikimedians User Group
activities only, including its talk pages and the subpages of the same. Autopatrol flag granted as requested. —MarcoAurelio
) 20:34, 9 March 2022 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.