Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
|Hong Kong 125 (virtual)||11 July|
|London 156 (virtual)||12 July|
|London 155 (virtual)||14 June|
|South Africa 2 (virtual)||13 June|
|Hong Kong 124 (virtual)||6 June|
|UK 1 (virtual)||16 May|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 12 March 2017 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Location: Holborn, London WC1Edit
There is a refurbishment planned for the Penderel's Oak so for two months we have moved to the Shakespeare's Head on Kingsway.
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- All being well. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 21:35, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 08:09, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 11:34, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- Zeromonk (talk) 14:35, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 20:05, 4 March 2017 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 20:53, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Geni (talk) 00:47, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Eartha78 (talk) 13:50, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Quizfan77 (talk) 21:33, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 21:21, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Yuitsum (talk) 21:21, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- --ClemRutter (talk) 22:13, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- I hope so, I've missed a couple of months now. But as ever, something may come up. Amakuru (talk) 16:09, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- Probably. Joseph2302 (talk) 19:00, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
- On the contingency that more people sign up to take part in this event, I will come along and see what this is about.→
ὦiki-Coffee(talk to me!) (contributions) 22:11, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Interested but not attendingEdit
- A. N. Other
- Something's come up so can't attend. Mjroots (talk) 20:28, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk) 08:49, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
About the meetupEdit
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch.
- Welcome wikiguests from around the world
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors or answer each others queries on anything from copyright to AWB.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and newish editors are also very welcome.
- The Pub is on the edge of the City, so should be relatively quiet on a Sunday
The pub has an accessible toilet. The pub is on one floor.
Location: Shakespeare's Head, HolbornEdit
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
The Shakespeare's Head is between Holborn tube station and Aldwych. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) several docking stations are nearby, the closest is in Lincoln's Inn Fields.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.