Levant-Algeria Cultural Exchange Program
Levant-Algeria Cultural Exchange Program is a content exchange program between Wikimedians of Levant and Wikimedia Algeria. It is a part of the content exchange program between Arabic/English speakers and Arabic/French speakers. The idea of this exchange program came from a collaborative discussion in WikiArabia 2019. In this program, wikipedians from both communities will exchange the most important articles from their respective languages and translate them in their own as a token of friendship. This will contribute in reducing the cultural as well as content gap and strengthen the bond between Levantine and Algerian communitirs. Please note that Wikimedians of Levant will translate from English to Arabic and Algerian Wikimedians will translate from Arabic/English to French to express Arabic culture in French language.
Note to the participantsEdit
- The article must be newly created by you between November 1, 2019 0:00 and December 31, 2019 23:59 (UTC).
- Articles must be fully translated or should be at least 3,000 bytes and 300 words in length (excluding infobox, template etc.). If you find the article to be smaller that 3,000 bytes and 300 words, just translate the full article.
- The tool will show you whether the article is at least 3,000 bytes and 300 words in length or not.
- Add your username in the Translated by section, besides the article which you want to translate. Don't select more that 3 articles at a time.
- The article must not be machine translated.
- Articles will be checked by the organizers and get accepted or commented in the status section.
- Don't create stubs.
- If you have any problem, inform us.
List by Wikimedia LevantEdit
List by Wikimedia AlgeriaEdit
If you are interested in this cultural exchange program, feel free to add your name here.