The latest version of Huggle is 3.4.12. It is strongly recommended that you always run the latest version, if possible.
Important: Huggle binaries for Windows and macOS are not signed, which means that you may get a warning from SmartScreen on newer Windows versions (especially Windows 10) and a warning from Gatekeeper on macOS Sierra and newer, respectively. This warning might tell you that Windows "prevented an unrecognized app from starting" or on macOS that "Huggle cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." You can bypass this, on Windows by clicking the "More info" link in the warning popup, or on macOS by right-clicking the app in Finder, holding down alt and pressing Open.
Huggle's developers would need to pay about US$300 per year for a "code signing certificate" to have this warning removed. For obvious reasons, the non-profit open source Huggle project will not pay $300 per year to remove this warning. If you do not trust Huggle's maintainers, you are welcome to compile Huggle yourself from the source code.
- Current version (recommended)
- Huggle (3.4.12) for 64-bit Windows Vista or newer
- Huggle (3.4.12) for 32-bit Windows Vista or newer
- Huggle (3.2.0) for Windows 2000 and XP
- Huggle (3.4.12) for macOS/OS X
- To open, open the application, then close the warning that the app can't be opened. Then, open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Open Anyway.
- Qui puoi trovare versioni precedenti: https://github.com/huggle/huggle3-qt-lx/releases
- List of all JS extensions
- On all Linux distributions with snap preinstalled (such as Ubuntu 16.04 and newer), Huggle can be installed as easily as this:
sudo snap install huggle
- If your Linux distro does not have snap, then follow these instructions.
La versione principale è quella con più funzioni e la più aggiornata, la versione precedente è il vecchio Huggle, il cui supporto si sta gradualmente abbandonando.
Running Huggle on Windows with High DPI displays (UHD)
If you have a high DPI monitor and you are using scaling (you probably do), you need to reconfigure your Huggle shortcut in order to run it properly, otherwise everything will be improperly sized:
- First, install Huggle
- Then find the shortcut you use to launch it, for example the one in the Start Menu and right click → Show location
- In Explorer, right click → Properties
- Now change the highlighted settings as can be seen on the picture on the right (Override high DPI scaling → System)
Windows: Unable to start application <random error code>
You probably downloaded 32 bit version and installed it over 64 bit (or vice versa) so parts of Huggle that stayed from previous installation use different architecture and Windows refuse to start the application this way.
Solution: completely wipe Huggle from your system, after uninstall remove any leftovers from Program Files and then try to install it again, it's recommended to download CPU architecture that you have (most likely x64).
- Linux, macOS/OS X or Microsoft Windows
- Rollback user right (for use on English Wikipedia; requirements for use on other Wikis differ)
Opzionale, ma raccomandato
- IRC access (for irc.wikimedia.org recent changes feed)
- Broadband or faster Internet connection