Hardware donation program/V.narsikar
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. Currently: Contributing through a old computer @ 11 years old and locally assembled(not branded)which creates many problems and requires frequent repair. No new scripts can run on it. Can not update things.While working it, feels like in stone edge.
Would try to contribute in:
- Improvement of mr.wikipedia and to make it at-par with other Indian language projects.
- Improve corresponding wikidata/wikidata, wikilinks
- Run bot scripts on mr.wiki and perform necessary large level corrections which are badly required
- Import/update modules and templates to update mr.wiki
- Improve categorisation of articles/add categories to the articles
- Clear off pending maintenance issues on special pages
- Add more Images to mr.wiki from commons to improve its look.
- Add new articles to mr.wiki by translating them from en.wiki/other wikis
- Improve self-working as admin, to make it fast so that, remaining time can be spent on improvements
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- English to Marathi language translations on meta, commons,mediawiki etc.(much lag here)
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Had previously applied for the laptop pl. see here but had withdrawn the application.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Strong support Mr. Narsikar is one of the jewels of Marathi wikipedia and this move will boost his motivation to contribute to be best of wikimedia projects. --Tiven2240 (talk) 11:00, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Narsikar sir is a very hardworking administrator. I support his nomination. --संदेश हिवाळे (talk) 12:42, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support v.narsikar is a great editor and a level-headed administrator. His contributions are valued at w:mr. -- अभय नातू (talk) 13:58, 15 October 2018 (UTC) admin, 'crat: w:mr
- Strong support Being a senior citizen, he works passionately. So deserves the donation.--सुबोध कुलकर्णी (talk) 08:04, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support For his dedication and hardwork, he definetly deserves this. --QueerEcofeminist (talk) 07:50, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.