Hardware donation program/Obaid Raza
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- Obaid Raza
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. I am admin and crat on Urdu wikipedia, admin on Urdu wikiquote and new page reviewer on english wikipedia. I have an old and worn out Personal Computer of Dell Manufacturers which I use for all my editing tasks. I am facing the following genuine problems:-
1. The biggest challenge for me is 'Electricity Load Shedding and Power Shortages' for long extended hours, which is a routine activity in Pakistan. It seriously hampers my work progress. Especially in summers, I am unable to finish even a single edit throughout the day owing to the aforementioned problem.
2. I am admin of Urdu Wikipedia's social networking team, that's the team that manages the official accounts of Urdu Wikipedia on Facebook, youtube, Instagram and Twitter, so I'm using several programmes for this purpose, like programmes to schedule posts, create videos for youtube and create images for other official accounts.
3. Whenever I am away from my place, I can hardly perform editting works on mobile phone because of the 'Poor Mobile Internet services in Pakistan'.
4. I come across a lot of editing works that require technical crafts. However, the PC (personal computer) that I own is old & raddled, and Windows 10 cannot be installed in it. This poses a number of technical difficulties to the job at hand.
- Keeping in view my editting services and the aforementioned obstacles, it is requested to your kind office to please award me with a laptop so that I may continue my tasks smoothly.
- I shall be highly obliged for your consideration.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Urdu Wikipedia (Admin)
- Urdu wikiquote (Admin)
- English Wikipedia (new page reviewer)
- wikidata (Rollbacker)
- wikimania (Translation)
- incubator wiki
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- My contributions on wikimedia projects especially on Urdu Wikipedia, hundred thousand+ edits, Urdu wikiquote, English Wikipedia (Home Wiki, 3800+ edits, new page reviewer) and Wikidata (24,000+ edits)
- I am an event organizer Wikipedia Asian Month, Tiger editathon, IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon and Punjab Edit-a-thon
- Some SVGs recently translated for Urdu wiki and uploaded to Commons.
- My bots (like Obaid-bot, UrduBot) running on Urdu wikipedia which cover various tasks like creating articles, spell checking, adding categories, navboxes, infoboxes, creating & updating database reports etc etc.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support One of the most active Urdu Wikimedians. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 02:57, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support One of the best and most productive Wikipedians (even a sysop!!). I vouch for him completely. He deserves it. Dr Silverstein (talk) 03:56, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support Great urdu wikipedian. — Bukhari (Talk!) 18:14, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Muzammil (talk) 18:31, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support Very hardworking wikimedian. Contributed alot for technical support--Ameen Akbar (talk) 19:13, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support, This user is actually asset for our community. Muhammad Shuaib (talk) 04:52, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Tahir mq (talk) 11:54, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support He is one of the foundation pillar on Urdu Wikipedia. شہاب (talk) 18:41, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support One of the most active Urdu Wikimedians. --sraiki (talk) 02:57, 19 June 2018 (UTC)Sraiki 11:15, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--بشارت علی (talk) 04:29, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--مھتاب احمد (talk) 03:45, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Arif80s (talk)
- Support very hardworking Wikipedian and one of the strong pillar of Urdu Wikipedia and provide a lot of technical support on Urdu and other Pakistani languages especially Shahmukhi Punjabi Wikipedia --Abbas dhothar (talk) 21:06, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 13:13, 12 July 2018 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.