Grants talk:Project/Rapid/UG LEV/Summer 2019-2020 Education Program in Palestine
Comments from WMFEdit
Hello, fjmustak; thank you for your patience with our delayed review process. This grant request has been difficult for us because Rapid Grants was created to support a different type of initiatives from the one you present here, but we are trying to find a way to support you while complying with our funding guidelines. Some questions and comments:
- Can you please give us more details about what the fare of honoring ceremony entails?
- What is the intended reason to have photography for the ceremony? If it is reporting purposes, know that professional photographs are not expected.
- We are able to support the fare of the meeting place, the certificates + holders for students, and the plaques for excellence.
- We are not able to support the mugs, T-shirts.
- Hello again, fjmustak; when you respond, please ping WJifar (WMF) as she will be the main point of contact for this grant going forward. Thank you, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 03:19, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! Hi @WJifar (WMF):,
- The fare for the honoring ceremony is for renting the hall next week. We are trying to negotiate a discount on that.
- For the photography, we did hire a professional photographer/videographer for the first ceremony, and will make do with volunteers for the upcoming one.
- Not so great. We will do without the mugs. The t-shirts would be good for advertising for Wikipedia, and to encourage participation in upcoming events, I hope it can be reconsidered. If approved, we will go with more budget-friendly t-shirts (I'm updating the cost in the request).
Hello, fjmustak. Apologies for the delayed approval. The grant is approved. Since the activities have already happened, please update the budget with the final amount spent. Thank you, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 21:54, 22 October 2019 (UTC)