Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Swwiki workshop astronomia/Report
Approval of use of Remaining FundsEdit
Hello Kipala thank you for submitting this grant report. We will review it shortly but meanwhile I wanted to respond to you regarding your remaining funds and request to continue to do some work on this project. Normally, we would ask for you to submit an additional request for remaining funds but since it's under our grant amount minimum and because you're using it to round out this project we will go ahead with the following plan.
- Yes, plan the activities with the remaining funds. But you will need to do the following two things:
- You will need to report on what was accomplished at the additional activities here on this discussion page.
- You will also need to send us additional expense documentation to account for the remaining funds.
@Rapidgrants@: @Rapidgrants: @WJifar (WMF): I never used this tool before, hope it works. So Morgan advised me to ping rapidgrants@ if here is no answer co ing. I need to know how to proceed with remaining funds. Kipala (talk) 09:17, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Kipala, thank you for submitting this final report and expense documentation. I have reviewed and accepted both. Please note that this grant will not be complete until you submit a brief report (here on the discussion page) and receipts for the use of the remaining funds, as described above.
Following are some comments and questions to reflect on in regards to this project.
- Pairing ASSAT members with wikipedians sounds like it was very successful, and is a smart tactic for an edit-a-thon like this one that requires advanced subject knowledge. And I'm glad the timing of the grant allowed you the time to find enough volunteers!
- It's wonderful to hear that the project left a positive impression of Wikipedia on the professionals involved. Hopefully, they will continue to stay involved with the movement, or will rely on it more in their work.
- I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience with the journalists. At least now you know that their work doesn't add value (in this context) to what you are trying to achieve.
- Did you use an outreach dashboard to track the articles you were editing? If so, please link to it in the report. If not, please consider using one in the future! More info on tracking tools can be found here and here.
- In the future, are there things you would do differently in recruiting volunteers to reduce drop out?
- Rather than relying on journalists to cover the event, are you considering other ways to promote future events or get the word out?
Thank you for all your hard work on this grant, and for sharing what you learned with WMF and the community. We look forward to hearing about the additional activities conducted with the remaining funds!