Grants talk:PEG/WM CA/Programs 2015
GAC members who support this requestEdit
- Considering the low budget I would not discuss and debate about the deliveries. The budget is aligned with the deliveries and the relation costs/benefits seems to me good. Good luck! --Ilario (talk) 07:25, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
- Good luck! --Hasive • talk • 08:23, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
GAC members who support this request with adjustmentsEdit
GAC members who oppose this requestEdit
GAC members who abstain from voting/commentEdit
Hello, thank you for your submission. I see a few issues that need to be addressed, in my opinion.
- It is not clear whether you have past experience with any of the projects you are presenting in this request. You speak of "foundations to build on" in the intro and I would like you to elaborate on that: did you mean that the projects you describe were developed in previous years already? If so, can you link the relevant grant requests or reports? If not, what are the "foundations" you are going to base your work on?
- The budget estimates don't seem very accurate to me. You have planned workshops but the budget doesn't include any internet fee in the budget, or rental fees for computers or tablets. Moreover, no budget line is dedicated to the creation of tutorials: do you plan to use freeware all the way? If so, have you actually checked its feasibility?
- Also, the event descriptions (both the ones you gave in this proposal and the ones I was able to retrieve on Wikipedia) are not particularly accurate.
The proposal seems good and I'm keen to endorsing it, but it does look unrefined. For example, even if I can guess that many of the issues I listed have probably already been dealt with (see the freeware question), I would have liked to read it in the proposal. Thank you for your time. --Dry Martini (talk) 15:58, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
Officers of the BoardEdit
I don't understand this line: The officers of the Board of Wikimedia Canada will provide oversight for the implementation of this grant. Can some one clarify what do you mean by this? Thank you - Violetova (talk) 22:33, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Measures of successEdit
Thanks for the submission Benoit. I would like to support this request immediately because of its high cost-efficiency and very promising goals, but it seems like the request lacks numerical figures that will be used to measure its success. Please also make sure that the items in the budget are properly summed up to obtain the total value. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 14:34, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
It's not a big budget, I suppose. But there's not nearly enough detail in the budget. And I'd like to know more about the processes you'll use for the training events. Once per month? Is that likely to increase editor recruitment?