Grants talk:PEG/WM AR/Iberoconf 2014/Report
Thank you for this detailed report. We really appreciate the care WMAR put into designing, organizing, and hosting a successful conference! The report shows that you did a commendable job organizing a conference that spoke to the training and learning needs of the participants. We're very interested in how the conference continues to impact the network and what projects and connections develop as a result. We have a couple of questions on the report:
- We're interested to learn more about how the external consultants were able to facilitate the group successfully, despite the diversity of the affiliates (different stages of development, etc.). Are there specific lessons learned about facilitation strategies that could be used for other conferences, such as the Wikimedia conference, where this is also an issue?
- Thanks for your question Alex.
- The consultants were able to work strategically well with all the group as one but taking into account the different levels of development and different programs and projects, as well. Before Iberoconf took place in Buenos Aires, two previous surveys were conducted to all the attendees and their organization to find out, not just what they want Iberoconf to be in the 2014 meeting but to know in which stage the organizations were before stating the event. Along with that, two week before, was mandatory to send a presentation (short one) to analyze the organization programs, projects and activities, what, in words of the consultants, made things more easier.
- The consultants that helped us in Iberoconf during two of the three days that was the event, were focused more on our needs than in our successes. Even being in different stages of development, common necessities in terms of improving knowledge regarding specific issues to foster and improve our programs and results were crosscutting all the organizations.
- We need to take in mind that most of the people who lead a Wikimedia organization is a volunteer. Volunteers come from many different backgrounds, professionally speaking, and we can not force them to have previous knowledge in matters as project development or project monitoring and evaluation.
- A great previous analysis among all the participants helped the consultant to find the way to apply their knowledge crosscutting.--Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 21:51, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
- Please provide a brief update on what the three coordinators have done since the conference or will do in the coming months. Since writing the report has there been developments at the regional level in terms of GLAM, education, or the M&E working guidelines?