Grants talk:PEG/Mohamed Ouda/Egyptian Wikimedians User Group 2016 activities
GAC members decisionsEdit
GAC members who support this requestEdit
GAC members who support this request with adjustmentsEdit
GAC members who oppose this requestEdit
GAC members who abstain from voting/commentEdit
Thanks for the submission. The proposal seems to be incomplete since it lacks goals, measures of success and explanation how the activities fit our movement's strategy. Please complete these sections so that we would be able to properly evaluate the request. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 22:30, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- @AWang (WMF): wouldn't it be better to move this request to draft status? rubin16 (talk) 15:12, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for amendments! You set quite challenging measures of success, where can we look into the prior experience and statistics of Wikipedia Education programme you are talking about? rubin16 (talk) 18:20, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi rubin16, we need to improve our Education program every year so it will be our pleasure to accept this challenge, concerning the statistics I think the best one to give you accurate numbers will be TFlanagan-WMF. Thank you Tighe in advance.--Ahmed Mohi El din (talk) 17:30, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Rubin16 and Ahmed Mohi El din: Hello! Sorry for the delayed reply. It looks like you are looking for some basic statistics or metrics around previous program achievements/accomplishments? The education program in Egypt is currently managed by three local program leaders. They have been tracking and reporting their students' work and can help with the information you are seeking. I only have summary data available in places like the Education Newsletter article (most recent post here, for example).
- @Reem Al-Kashif, May Hachem93, and لا روسا: Would you be able to work with Ahmed and provide the data to support this grant request?
- Best regards, Tighe Flanagan (WMF) (talk) 15:51, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hello all. Here, there are the full statistics of WEP in Egypt the first term in 2012 till the seventh term in 2015 which include numbers of created articles, featured and good articles, featured portals and lists. For the eighth term of the program progress in Cairo University, check it Also, you can see Egyptian wikimedians celebrate the eighth conference of WEP.--لا روسا (talk) 07:30, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi Mohamed Ouda and Ahmed Mohi El din. We are noting here that we are waiting for substantial updates to the 2015/2016 grant report before moving forward with reviewing this request. It is very difficult to assess plans for next year without having reviewed last year's activities and lessons learned. Thanks, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 15:22, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
Follow-up from call on October 5thEdit
Hi Mohamed Ouda and Ahmed Mohi El din. Thank you for taking the time to talk today. It was really helpful to be able to finalize the report and understand how the user group is developing in terms of the community of volunteers and your projects. Below are the notes from our call.
- Wiki Loves Monuments: This year there was a focus on quality over quantity. You worked in partnership with professional photographers. You opted not to do a resource-intensive photography expedition and instead organized people or joined trips that people were already planning.
- Editathons: Last year's editathons attracted a large number of people, both new and exisiting editors. Follow-up is done through email and Facebook. You are using the writing competition (and awards) as a way to motivate editathon participants to continue to participate in the projects.
- Equipment: The user group has 5 computers. Three are used for the education program and 2 are for the user group's other activities. The oldest computer is broken and it is more expensive to fix then to purchase a new one.
- Education program: You plan on holding two celebration events, for 150 students each. Every student participant receives a certificate. Special awards are give to students who write featured or good quality articles.
- WikiArabia: The user group is planning to organize WikiArabia in the first half of 2017. You realize this will take a more organized, professional, and active community. You are planning to utilize your active student editors as volunteers for the conference.
- Hi Alex Wang (WMF)I just want to extend the deadline of our grant till the end of July, because we still working on the 10th edition on the education program and the writing competition --Ahmed Mohi El din (talk) 22:10, 10 April 2017 (UTC)