Grants:TPS/Ankitashukla/Grace Hopper Celebration India
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am Ankita Shukla, an OPW alum. I have been involved with the Mediawiki community since September 2014. I worked on Collaborative Spelling Dictionary and my mentor was Kartik. After completing my OPW project, I continue to be a FOSS user. I am a passionate developer and highly enthusiastic about technical advancements. In order to further expand my horizon in tech and beyond, I am willing to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration India in December (Dec 2 - Dec 4, 2015).
Goal and expected impactEdit
The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (India) is India's Largest Gathering of Women Technologists. It is produced by the Anita Borg Institute and presented in partnership with ACM India. A lot of people, including a significant number of females and students attend this conference. I am looking forward to utilizing this opportunity to evangelize about open source and my enriching experience with MediaWiki, and thus get some newbie developers to contribute to MediaWiki.
- Travel (Round trip
buscab fare from Roorkee to Delhi) : INR 15006000
- Changed bus to cab since bus is not available at any apt time. I looked up for some trains too, but the timings when the train reaches Delhi are not safe for females to travel alone in Delhi, India
- Travel (Round trip economy class airfare from Delhi to Bengaluru): INR
- Updated as per the current price for a round trip
- Transport (Round trip taxi commutes from Delhi railway station to airport, Bengaluru airport to venue) : INR 1500
- TOTAL = INR 19,783 (if any amount remains unused, I will wholeheartedly return it)
I have won the student scholarship for the event. However since it is not sufficient to cover all my expenses with it, therefore, I'll need some financial aid for the travel expenses. I am ready to present all my bills, if required. I'd appreciate if I can get the amount in advance as I need to get the flight tickets booked.
- Support Ankita has achieved partial funding, and it would be great if we could help her completing her travel budget and participating in this event.--Qgil-WMF (talk) 14:25, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support seems like a reasonable request. Theo10011 (talk) 17:39, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support I endorse Ankita's application as she has contributed in several ways to the Wikimedia movement. Her presence at Grace Hopper Celebration India will truly help the movement. Sankoswal (talk) 12:00, 2 November 2015 (UTC)