Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruits new users
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- It is a four-days program the first three days I and other Facilitators we will touring Bauchi with Flyers and Phamplates containing the Informations about Wikipedia and sharing to the Bauchi residents and teaching them how to do search on Wikipedia. On the fourth day we will have a special meeting with the residents of Bauchi to teach them how to edit Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- They Will Know via our Social Media groups, WhatsApp and Telegram as well as our Hausa Wikipedia and Hausa Wikimedians User Group Discussion pages.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes i have participated in many events related to Wikimedia project. I also Facilitated in the Wikipedia Promotion in Daura.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the event i will create the way which I will be in touch with the participants. For example I will create a WhatsApp Group were I will countinue engaging and helping them about the editing Wikipedia.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below: Yes I have Provided the link here
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I will use Wikimedia Stats to determine the increase in page viewers and use Hashtag and Dashboard Tools to track participant's activities.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached 1000+
- Number of campaign participants 40+,
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia project
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Yusuf Sa'adu will lead the event, I have four Facilitators who will help me to organize the event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Training space||1||130,000||317.08||300||space for the training venue.|
|2||Data (internet access)||1||40,000||40,000||97.56||Data for internet access during the trainings|
|3||Projector renting||1||20,000||20,000||48.78||Laptop and Projector will be rented for the event|
|4||Snacks and refreshments||45||3,000||135,000||329.28||40 participants to participate for the training + 5 Facilitators|
|5||Bus tickets||5||2,000||10,000||24.39||Bus tickets to/from to reimburse organizers for the training|
|6||Banner||1||40,000||40,000||97.56||Banner to be used during the training and for future initiatives|
|7||Food & Beverages||3 Days trips X 5persons||3,000||45,000||109.76||Refreshment for organizers/volunteers during the trips.|
|8||Transport||3 days trips × 5 persons||3,000||45,000||109.76||A vehicle will be hired for transporting organisers, volunteers for the trips.|
|9||Fliers/pamphlets/Tags||--||40, 000||40, 000||97.56||To be shared during trips|
|10||Branded Wikipedia T shirt||5||5,000||25,000||60.98||This is for the organizer and four volunteers for their identification during trips|
|11||Certificate||40||40,000||97.56||Certificate will be distributed for the Participants|
|12||Accomodations||4 days × 5 persons||5000||100,000||243.91||This for the accomodations for two experience editors that will be envited|
|13||Transportations||2||15,000||60,000||146.35||For envited Experience editors transport|
|14||Contingency fees||During the whole event||50,000||50,000||121.95||for contingency|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||779,985.48||779,985.48||1902.45||**Forex rate used is $1 = 411.07, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- This is a great program, surely this program will Promote Wikipedia in Bauchi State. Im 100% support Hamza DK (talk) 05:49, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I'm in total support of this project as this development would help gain more knowledge and improve the skills of wikimedians in Bauchi State. —Gwanki✉ 05:53, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
- I Umar-askira (talk) Support this project to be done in Bauchi. Because Bauchi communities need Wikipedia awareness indeed.
- I [[Aminu Badamasi (talk) 13:01, 24 December 2021 (UTC)]] Support this project
- Support --M Bash Ne (talk) 13:18, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support. Salihu Aliyu (talk) 05:14, 28 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support, Madalla Yusuf kana kokari. Em-mustapha (talk) 10:44, 28 December 2021 (UTC)