Grants:Project/Rapid/Young Nigerian Creative Artists in Entertainment Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To recruit new Editors in the course of the edit-a-thon series
- Increase editing skill set for existing editors
- Add or improve content improve the existing content that will enhance profiling the Nigerian Entertainment Industry
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? We are planning a series of 4 edit-a-thons over 4 months.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Social Media
- Mail List
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? There are currently 3 skilled Wikimedia editors that will assist in the success of the project.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? They have computer and mobile phone devices for the project.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Social Media
- Mail List
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? This event has the possibility of further increasing Wikipedia Awareness in Nigeria.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 4
- Number of participants = 5
- Number of new editors = 10
- Number of of articles created or improved = 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) = 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have 3 experienced Wikimedians who will be involved in the, implementation and management of this Project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $100 x 4 Events = $400
- Space Rental = $125 x 4 Events = $500
- Internet for Editors = $25 x 4 Events = $100
- T-Shirts/Caps for Participants = $20 x 4 = $80
- Photography = $50 x 4 Events = $200
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, printing cheat sheets, etc.) = $100
Total = 1,380 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- This is a timely project that will make significant impact. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 18:13, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- This is a great initiative to help add more contents on Nigerian Creatives on Wikipedia. Tochiprecious (talk) 21:25, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- its interesting Oby Ezeilo (talk) 19:42, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- This project will add content and help highlight Nigerian Artists. So I think it is a purposeful project. Uzoma Ozurumba (talk) 19:53, 12 May 2018 (UTC)