Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/5th Annual Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new women's editors
- Participate to the 2018 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Add or improve content
- Etablish a new partnership with women's associations (www.v4dev.org)
- Strengthen communication of User Group activities in Cameroon
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This project consist in a series of editathons in 2 cities in Cameroon : Douala and Yaounde
- 3rd of March (Douala)
- 22 and 23rd of March (Yaounde)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will also communicate our information in our WhatsApp group, on our Facebook page Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group Facebook page and also as well as on the Cameroonian media
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- No, It's about discovering Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons and learning how to contribute
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Associate some to the User Group
- Set up new projects as part of a partnership
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This aims to strengthen local partnerships and enhance the visibility of the user group's activities through the media.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 3
- Number of participants : More than 30
- Number of new editors : More than 30
- Number of articles created or improved : More than 30
- Number of pictures : More than 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Participants are supposed to come with their own computers when they have
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation and accomodation costs: 180.000 FR CFA
- Video projector renting (50.000 per day): 150.000 FR CFA
- 3G/4G modem for the internet access. This device will be used for every event: 75.000 FR CFA
- Halls (75.000 FR CFA per day): 150.000 FR CFA
- Buffet (food) during event (60.000 per day): 180.000 FR CFA
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!