Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
- Add more images about transportation(the main theme of WLA 2020) in Tunisia and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on transportation in our country.
- Improve the structure of the data related to transportation in Tunisia.
- Recruit and deliver training to new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on visuals and audio visuals about the theme Transportation in Tunisia. Tunisian Wikimedians will be invited to submit freely licensed and high quality images of transportation in Tunisia. This is particularly important to help increase the quality of articles in Wikipedia (and sister projects) about Tunisian transportation.
2. How will you let people know about the contest? We will use our social media channels, the mailing list for the community and other tech and volunteer communities to reach out to enthusiasts.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A jury of 3 professional and passionate photographers will set criteria and will select 3 best images based on these criteria.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia. We may also create new articles based on these images at the edit-a-thons.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? Previous editions of WLA Tunisia were a great experience and we are ready for the new challenge.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants : 20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : 500+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 20+
- 50+ will be categorized as valued, quality or featured
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The competition will be organised by members of the WM TN UG and they will ensure the smooth running of the competition, train the new users to upload photos on commons and contribute on wikipedia. The following users will be in charge of the contestː ̈
- Yamen Bousrih : Wikimedian, involved in several Wiki photo contest in Tunisia.
- Mourad Ben Abdallah : Wikimedian, involved in several Wiki photo contest in Tunisia.
- Helmoony : Wikimedian, involved in several Wiki activities in Tunisia.
- Youssef Ben Haj Yahia : Wikimedian, involved in several Wiki activities in Tunisia.
- Wael Ghabara: Wikimedian, involved in several Wiki photo contest in Tunisia.
- The project team will benefit from the support of the User Group.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Category||Rubric||Number||Unit price||Total TND||Total USD||Notes|
|Events||Presentation about Wiki Loves Africa and workshop Upload photos||1||100||100||36||Coffee break|
|Events||Edit-a-thon to edit and create articles on Wikipedia using the taken photos||1||200||200||72||Coffee break|
|Gifts||Awards||4||200||800||288||1st=voucher of 300 TND |
2nd= voucher of 200 TND
3rd= voucher of 150TND
BWP= voucher of 150TND
NBː the prizes won't be distributed in cash but will be certificates and vouchers that can be used to buy photography gears or books.
|Gifts||Gifts for Jury Members||3||100||300||108||NBːthe gifts won't be distributed in cash.|
|Events||Final Ceremony [ Distribution of prices and pictures exhibition ]||1||100||100||36||Coffee break|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!