Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Introduce Wiki Loves Africa project to existing and new contributors of wiki commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Africa and its purpose.
- Présenter le projet Wiki Loves Africa aux contributeurs actuels et nouveaux de Wiki Commons, et partager tout ce qui touche Wiki loves Africa ou ses buts.
- Recruit loyal contributors (professional photographers and non professional) to wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Recruter des contributeurs fidèles (photographes professionnels et non-professionnels) pour Wikipédia et les projets frères.
- Engage existing contributors and encourage them to continue contributing even when the contest is over.
- Interpeller les contributeurs existants et les encourager à continuer de contribuer même après la fin du concours.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in Senegal will focus on photo shooting activities under the theme play. Pictures will be uploaded on commons and will be used to illustrate Senegalese related articles on Wikipedia and on its sister projects. We will also make an exhibition of best images in partnership with a cultural center in Senegal in order to encourage best images entries.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Offline: Word of mouth and posters will be printed and displayed in libraries, Universities and schools
- Online: We will set up social media pages (Facebook, Twitter ) to reach people online.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A jury of 3 professional and passionate photographers will set criteria and will select 3 best images based on these criteria.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia. We may also create new articles based on these images at the edit-a-thons.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We hope to be working with both the Goethe Institute of Dakar and the mJangale association (https://www.facebook.com/mjangalesenegal/).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants : 30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : 600+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 20+
- 50+ will be categorized as valued, quality or featured
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Items||Description||Quantity||Unit Price ($)||Total ($)|
|Venue||2 events: introduction of contest for new contributors & press, upload party||2||60||120|
|Transport||Transportation related to contest for organizers & jury||1||400||400|
|Accommodation||Hotel accommodation in Dakar for organizers||3||40||120|
|Food||Snacks and drinks for participants during introduction and upload events||2||60||120|
|Communications outreach||Marketing materials (posters, fliers, social media)||1||100||100|
|Internet data||Internet data at the 2 events||2||60||120|
|Awards ceremony||Venue, snacks & drinks||1||120||120|
|Best 3 photos||Prizes for the three best photos||3||80||240|
|Best 3 articles||Prizes for three best articles||3||80||240|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!