Grants:Project/Rapid/WMTH/Legal service and incorporation of Wikimedia Thailand
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Wikimedians in Thailand User Group would like to request a grant to fund our legal service and incorporation of Wikimedia Thailand Association according to the Thai law. The incorporation of our organisation is a prerequisite to be eligible as a Chapter. Having a lawyer to facilitate the process is necessary since the incorporation process is complicated, time consuming, and requires extensive documentation. A legal status of our organisation will also permits us to establish legal relationship with other organisations. It will also allow for higher visibility, credibility, and recognition by the general public.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- To ensure a satisfactory deal, we will first request for quotations from several legal service companies. It must not exceed 2,000USD. Decision will be made based on the service we will receive, price, and convenience.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
Members will be notified using the following channels:
- Mailing list
- Social media
- Thai Wikipedia
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Both our members and the Affiliations Committee will be notified upon the successful incorporation of our organisation.
Benefits of having a legal statusEdit
- It is harder to partner with other organisations without having a legal status. There were previous instances where we were asked for a legal document, which we could not provide.
- Having a legal status also helps us achieve higher level of public visibility and credibility.
- Incorporation of our organisation is one the requirements to be recognised as a Chapter.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We do not have any additional source of funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Item number||Category||Item description||Total cost in Baht||Total cost US Dollars|
|1||Legal service fees||Lawyer fees||~50,000THB||1,500USD|
|2||Incorporation fees||This item includes registration fees, court proceeding expenses, taxes, and any other expenses required by the authority.||~11,000THB||340USD|
|3||Translation fees||Lawyer translation of certain documents may be necessary.||~1,000THB||40USD|
|4||Transportation fees||Some members whose names will be listed in the article of incorporation live outside Bangkok. Travel support is therefore necessary.||~1,000THB||40USD|
- Reasonable price for the important foundation of the Chapter Taweethaも (talk) 06:10, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- For establish B20180 (talk) 06:43, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Good luck for our Thai WikiFriends! Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 07:22, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support This is a necessary step for a growing WMTH communities.2ndoct (talk) 09:49, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support The Great Glory to Wikimedia Thailand For the voice of the Wikipedian in Thailand For the future and peace of Wikimedia. --Tvcccp (talk) 12:45, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Wutzwz (talk) 13:03, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Important move to be recognized --Pilarbini (talk) 14:10, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Love Krittaya (talk) 14:58, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Horus (talk) 17:07, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Setawut (talk) 17:40, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --ร้อยตรี โชคดี (talk) 00:30, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Geonuch (talk) 04:19, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Good luck Athikhun! RaymondSutanto (talk) 09:02, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Azoma (talk) 10:49, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Potapt (talk) 00:04, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --EZBELLA (talk) 15:24, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Pitpisit (talk) 20:02, 29 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --SunsetBronze (talk) 14:02, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Patsagorn Y. (talk) 12:46, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Sir P. S. (Thainexon) (talk) 20:49, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Pastman (talk) 09:32, 7 January 2019 (UTC)