Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Promote integration between Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects
- To increase wikidata's participation
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content to Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of editathon/trainings
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whatsapp, twitter, mail list, face to face
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yes i do. Some of which include: Oby Ezeilo, Uzoma Ozurumba, Tochi Precious
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- for equipment yes they have their devices and as for skills needed, yes and where they are found lacking, i and other wikimedian editors leading the event will be there to guide them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- whatsapp group will be created, also slids used in the event will be shared to participants
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This proposed project will help deepen the knowledge of wikidata and its potentialities to participants plus improve Wikidata's participation in my community
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 4
- Number of participants = 10 per edition
- Number of new editors = 2
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) = 8
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have at least 3 editors willing to give a talk and organise the practical training. They will be present in all editions of the event to assist in the Proposed Project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue for the events: $200 * 4 = $800
- Food and Drinks: $220 * 4 = $880
- fast internet access: $50 * 4 = $200
- Stationery and Miscellaneous = $100
TOTAL: 1980.00 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Best for growing African content in Wiki Strong support Shoodho
- Support Sami Mlouhi
- I believe this project will help teach the Igbo community members how to use and add content in Wikidata. Uzoma 19:34, 8 December 2019 (UTC)
- Wikidata is relatively unknown in Nigeria and this project will help to introduce Wikidata to Nigerians. Atulegwu (talk) 20:19, 8 December 2019 (UTC)
- This will make Wikidata known amongst more people in Nigeria as it's barely heard of. Tochiprecious (talk) 10:17, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- This is a beautiful initiative , I will be happy to participate in this project.Oby Ezeilo (Oby Ezeilo) 11:50, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- A great opportunity to practice how to use Wikidata and get familiar with it by Team Nigeria. Excited to share notes with them after the event on how to apply this to Zambia Imangaa (talk) 04:33, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 05:36, 17 February 2020 (UTC)