Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new editors for the Esperanto and Spanish Wikipedias.
- Add high quality content, mainly photos of the town.
- Promote the Wikimedia projects and free knowledge in the Department of Tolima.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- As you can see here, both our talks were accepted and are in the program of the event. We will spend our time doing the talks and answering questions about our group (The Esperanto and the Colombian group, because we are members of both groups), about how they can help and join us. We also will make a photo walk through the town and upload those photos to Commons.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We are not the main organizers of this event. The organizer of the event is "Kolombia Esperanto Ligo", they have promoted the event through their social networks, also we will promote our talk on our social networks and blog.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end we will have promoted the Wikimedia projects and mainly the projects in Esperanto and Spanish to a national and international audience, we hope that this will increase the interest in this kind of free knowledge projects and maybe become users.
We also will increase the quality photos on Commons about the town. We have a strong contact with the organizers of the event, so the follow-up with the people will be relative easy, we will keep in touch with them through our social networks and our mail and with the potential new users we will keep the contact through their user pages.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: +20 people attending both talks
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): +100 photos on Commons about the event and the town (Currently there are a very few and poor photos about the town on Commons) + 2 PDF-Files of our talks on Commons.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): At least 10.
- We will make a blog about this event on out web site.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- 2 team members: Remux and Tefita228. We both have experience about talks about the Wikimedia projects, the most recent of these was in the meeting WikiEncuentro Cali 2017, when we both gave those talks.
- The event is organized by "Kolombia Esperanto-Ligo (KEL)", they are supporting us by covering the congress fees.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Round trip (Cali-Honda and Honda-Cali)||2||210 000||71.4|
|Lunch and dinner||2||80 000||27.3|
- Esperanto-language Wikimedia projects could certainly do with more editors. NMaia (talk) 00:43, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- The planned program will help grow Wikimedia projects both with more articles and with more participants, and the cost is relatively small. Objectivesea (talk) 01:12, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- Esperanto projects are umbrella projects. Their targets are the Esperanto community and the nation-based community, in this case Colombian and Spanish-speakers of the country. With one grant we can reach two communities. That's a huge advantage. --Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 16:50, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- Supporting 2 emergent communities (Colombian, Esperanto) in one shot leaded by known Wikimedian for low cost. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 16:36, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
- I endorse this, as Esperanto speakers usually are cultural "sowers". The content of Remux's presentation will be spread. --Sudastelaro (talk) 16:57, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
- I warmly endorse this grant proposal. --Psychoslave (talk) 13:42, 27 October 2017 (UTC)