Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community? We want to apply what we learned in the past years (Wikimedia Conference, Iberoconf) to build a community in Cali. Right now Wikimedians of Colombia UG has a lack of members. There are editors and contributors in the Wikimedia Projects from Colombia, but somehow it was difficult for us to engage them to being part of the group. Nowadays we count with 3 active members (2 of them in Cali), and sometimes other 1-3 members actually helping, to organize all the activities of the group. That's a huge problem now for us, because some of our members are getting more and more busy with work and family. We need a new generation of members, and we plan to engage them before old members burnt out.
We learned that meet people offline matters. Know them. Talk to them in a friendly way is really helpful and very important to build up an active community. That's why we're planning this Wikimeeting: to meet new people, invite them to the group and create an active community capable organize new and more creative projects for us.
2. How will you let participants know about the meeting? We created a request for a Central Notice in Meta and a page in our wiki for information purposes as landing page. Also we will, starting at 1st August, use all our social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, FB groups, blog & Instagram) to call people to attend the event. We created a page in one of the most popular websites of events in the city.
3.How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over? We often create plans to organize events or participate in them, but for lack of members we can't organize or take part in all of them. We want that new members administrate some of the social media pages (principally Instagram) and to help in the organization of future contests. Would be nice to organize for the first time in 2018 Wiki Loves Earth, and come back with a new edition of Wiki Loves Monument this year or the next. More hands to organize Wikivacaciones (our homemade Wiki-Loves-like contest) would be really helpful. Keep more communication with other chapters and groups (as Iberocoop) and eventually work with them also requires more active people in the group. Planning a national-wide event.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
- Number of people who will help organize the event
|Elemento||Unidades||Precio total||US aprox.|