Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The goal of this project is to organize an online Edit-a-thon on Maithili Wikipedia, Maithili Wikipedia 3rd Anniversary event and Meetup among the editors of Maithili Wikipedia. We will reward the top contributors of the article writing contest and all time top contributor of Maithili Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will organize a 7 days online Edit-a-thon on Maithili Wikipedia starting from November 1 to November 7 and after the completion of Edit-a-thon we will organize the Maithili Wikipedia 3rd Anniversary event as well as Meetup with our Maithili Wikipedians on 7th November.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Maithili Wikipedia Village Pump link- here
and We will spread the event information through social media.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- The project will end after our community Meetup, where we discuss about our future strategy and programs. We will stay in touch using social media, phone and email.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants- 15
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)-70 (4000 bytes article)
- Number of participants at Meetup- 15 -20
- Number of participants and guest at Birthday Anniversary event- 20-25
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|S.No.||Category||Item description||Actual total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Main Prizes (Edit-a-thons)||Dictionary and Gift Hamper||25,000||NPR|
|3||Communication and Courier Charges||Internet and Recharge cards||6,000||NPR|
|4||Certificates||Participants and MWUG Volunteers||2,500||NPR|
|6||Hall Rent||Meetup space and Birthday Anniversary Event||12,000||NPR|
|7||Snacks, Tea and Food||Meetup space and Birthday Anniversary Event||14,500||NPR|
|8||Birthday Cake||Maithili Wikipedia Anniversary Cake||4,500||NPR|