Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add content in Wikimedia Commons thru participation in 100wikiCommonsDays, Wiki Loves Earth Philippines 2019, Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines 2019, photo walks/trips among others
- Document activities, meet-ups, and other initiatives
- Produce quality promotional materials
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
This is the first grant proposal of PhilWiki Community as a user group. Currently, we do not have any equipment to use to contribute to Wikimedia such as a DSLR camera during photo walks and for documentation of activities. We also need a high-quality printer for printing promotional materials utilizing images such as the photographs from Wiki Loves Earth Philippines and Wiki Loves Monuments 2018. The members, thru the help of volunteers and professionals, will produce postcards, calendars, and magazines among others.
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
During the holding of different photo contests, we encountered several problems and had thought about how to address them:
- In the Philippines, there are many natural and built heritage sites and works of arts found in different regions. However, no free-licensed images are found on Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons. Photowalks can be done during summer vacation, long weekends and public holidays when there is an opportunity. With an available DSLR camera, members can use the equipment for a certain period to cover other sites and subjects that are not always reached and covered by the participants.
- Mobile cameras do not always give quality images. Meanwhile, it is difficult to rely on the photographs taken by volunteers and participants which most of the time are not uploaded under free-license, or never uploaded anywhere thereby failing to document the activities, meet-ups and other initiatives. Having a DSLR camera that can be utilized by the members is great!
- Engaging existing and new editors/contributors is a difficult thing to do, however, with available equipment, members can now participate in 100wikiCommonsDays challenge, photo walks/trips or produce quality promotional materials.
- Promotional materials such as leaflets to attract new contributors are good but postcards, calendars and magazines utilizing the articles and images found on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons which can be reproduced using a high-quality printer are much appreciated.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- The user group has calendared activities starting this month of February for Wiki Loves Love, Wiki Loves Earth Philippines in May and Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines in September, and monthly meetings, WikiTutorial until April.
- Postcards will be produced for Wikipedia Asian Month and outreach activities, calendars featuring photographs from Wiki Loves Earth Philippines, and Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines, and a magazine containing information about Wikimedia movement in the Philippines and report about the activities of PhilWiki Community for distribution in community outreach activities in 2019.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The Treasurer of the user group is the care-taker of the equipment who will be in charge of monitoring or safe keeping them. The DSLR camera can be borrowed only by full-fledged members of the user group for a maximum of one (1) month after securing an approval. Reservation can be made in advance. Renewal is permitted if there is no pending reservation. As for the printer, the equipment can be kept by the member who is in charge of the production or reproduction of the approved promotional materials.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- We expect that the equipment (DSLR camera and printer) is in good quality for at least two (2) years and will be used by the user group for official use only.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded: 600
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- Number of articles created/improved: 30
- Number of promotional materials: 5 (100 pieces each)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Materials available on Wikimedia Commons can be utilized or edited for translation in the local languages.
- We have members and volunteers who are photographers and layout artists.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 53.0354 PHP as of 1 August 2018 https://www.oanda.com
Canon EOS 77D Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm STM + ES100 Case + 32GB Class 10 SD Card - International Version - PHP 68,871.00 (USD 1,298.59)
- Canon EOS REBEL T7i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Kit PHP 47,976.60 (USD 900)
- Epson L1800 A3 Photo Ink Tank Printer - PHP 43,995.00 (USD 829.54)
- Photo Paper Double Sided A3 Size 220gsm Glossy Set of 50 - PHP 966.00 (USD 18.21) x 2 packs = PHP 1,932.00 (USD 36.43)
- Photo sticker 135gsm Set of 20 - PHP 110.00 (USD 2.07) x 10 packs = PHP 1,100.00 (USD 20.74)
- Epson Ink T673 6 in 1 Series (B,C,M,Y,LC,LM) PHP 3,600 (USD 67.88) x 2 packs = PHP 7,200 (USD 135.76)
PHP 118,740.00 (USD 2,238.88)PHP 102,203.00 (USD 1921.71)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support A great help to have this equipment in the PhilWiki Community. With this equipment, renting a camera and printing to the press is no more! FroyAgta (talk) 09:02, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support This proposal will help the wiki members to document all their efforts and different activities on Wiki. Hence, I support this project which I believe will bring a positive impact on future wiki's endeavor. MarvinBikolano (talk) 09:19, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support I also support, because it is big help for me and many wiki user to create and enhance their skills . That's a big help. ShiminUfesoj 15:56, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support Genuine request. --Biplab Anand (Talk) 10:35, 19 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support I support the move. With increasing number of activities of this affiliate, it is noteworthy that they have an equipment they can use outside their personal use. --Exec8 (talk) 16:06, 21 October 2018 (UTC)