Grants:Project/Rapid/PH-WC/Camera and Printer+Ink/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We were not able to achieve our targets however these equipment proved to be helpful in documenting our activities, meet-ups, and other initiatives. Unable to produce quality promotional materials on time would be a challenge for us to find right people to come up with easy-to-print brochures.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|600 photos uploaded||197 photos uploaded||Aside from the Canon EOS 77D Digital SLR Camera, the community has another semi-official camera, a Canon EOS M100 which is also being used by the community as a back-up camera. Community members also have personal cameras for documentation.|
|100 photos used on Wikimedia projects||75 photos (38.07% of all photos uploaded)
50 distinct (66.67% of all photos used on Wikimedia projects)
|March 2019: 7 images used out of 7 files; 4 distinct images (57.14% of all images of category)|
April 2019 a: 21 images used out of 32 files; 8 distinct images 25.00% of all images of category)
April 2019 b: 7 images used out of 35 files; 7 distinct images (20.00% of all images of category)
April 2019 c: 2 images used out of 37 files; 2 distinct images (5.41% of all images of category)
May 2019: 20 images used out of 32 files; 14 distinct images (43.75% of all images of category)
June 2019: 11 images used out of 37 files; 10 distinct images (27.03% of all images of category)
August 2019: 7 images used out of 17 files; 5 distinct images (29.41% of all images of category)
using GLAMorous Tool
|30 number of articles created/improved||7 articles created/improved||Saringsing Writers Workshop, Adem Nalu Rubio, Marvin Aquino, Ryan Cuatrona, Aida Cirujales, Catanduanes, Linckia laevigata|
|5 promotional materials||3 kinds of stickers
2 kinds of bookmarks
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The PH-WC camera was first officially used during the first board meeting of the new set of trustees on March 24. In attendance: Irvin, Ramon, Froy, Anthony, and Maffeth; Joseph was also present. Agenda: Equipment grant, WikiTutorial final month, Wikimedia conferences, Wikimedia communication channels, and PH-WC strategic planning in Catanduanes. Personal camera and phone are alternatively used to document meetings and activities.
- At the Wikimedia Summit 2019 where Irvin represented PhilWiki Community, the Asia Meet up attendees with Katherine Maher at Wikimedia Deutschland was documented through the official camera. Wikimedia Education Newsletter Volume 8 • Issue 4 • April 2019 featured the highlights of Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019. Appearing in the issue is photograph of Mus'ab Banat and Jitendra Shah carrying the Basque flag at Korrika, where 40 Wikimedians participated to raise fund for Basque-language adult-teaching. Irvin uploaded 37 images taken during the post-event activity.
- A total of 64 images were contributed to the 865 total number of images from Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in the Philippines using the official camera. On August 3 was the awarding event of Wiki Loves Earth PH 2019 with 17 images. The L1800 EPSON printer came in handy specially in printing the winning entries, certificates, invitation cards, and cool stickers.
- What did not work so well?
At the ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019 where Froy and Marvin represented PhilWiki Community, they were unable to upload much photos due to the concerns on privacy of some participants. Froy uploaded only 4 images with fellow participants.
The intention of obtaining the L1800 EPSON printer is to produce brochures such as an Editing Wikipedia brochure. From a pdf format, the file should be layout in pages which is a tedious work for somebody who has a basic skills in layouting, in order to achieve the booklet type printed copy. Wikipedia globe, Wikipedia brand name, and PhilWiki Community logo stickers were produced so far. These were given out during the awarding event of Wiki Loves Earth PH 2019 and advocacy activities such as Katood Art Exhibit. Post cards and bookmarks bearing Wiki Loves Earth and Wiki Loves Monuments images and logos were produced to promote the contests.
- What would you do differently next time?
Encouragement of members to borrow and utilize the Equipment and Resources more often can be done during meetings.
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- 1 USD = 53.0354 PHP as of 1 August 2018 https://www.oanda.com
|No.||Item||Cost (PHP/USD)||Actual Expense (PHP/USD)||Notes|
|1||Canon EOS REBEL T7i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Kit||PHP 47,976.60
|Canon EOS 77D 18-55mm (purchased at a local shop)|
|2||Epson L1800 A3 Photo Ink Tank Printer||PHP 43,995.00
|Purchased at a local shop|
|3||Photo Paper Double Sided A3 Size 220gsm Glossy Set of 50||PHP 1,932.00
|3 reams book papers (sizes: A3, long and short), 1 pvc book wrapper, 1 piece tacker wire|
|4||Photo sticker 135gsm Set of 20||PHP 1,100.00
|assorted items (1 ream multi purpose paper,|
3 packs of sticker paper, 3 kinds of photo paper, 6 packs of 10 pcs. board paper)
|5||Epson Ink T673 6 in 1 Series (B,C,M,Y,LC,LM)||PHP 7,200 (USD 135.76)||-|
|Total: PHP 102,203.00 (USD 1,921.71) | Total Expense: PHP 82,229.25 (USD 1,550.46)|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Fund received amounting to PHP 98,555.32 (USD 1,858.29) only. The remaining fund amounting to PHP 16,326.07 (USD 307.83) will be used in Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in the Philippines Awarding and 12th Bikol Wikipedia Anniversary Celebration.
Anything else you want to share about your project?