Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The purpose of the meetings is to bring the community members working or interested in the areas of Open Access, Open Data, and Open Education under one roof, and also let the participants know about various open knowledge initiatives by Wikimedia, such as Wikipedia in Education, and also train them on Wikimedia projects. This is event, as it is hosted in Delhi, will have the top edge professionals, from whom we can learn and collect ideas on how the concept of openness can be promoted and implemented in India.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- We'll provide the event link to various organizations and educational institutions from the area to register from the event. We'll also use the social media channels.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- During the event we'll have panel discussions, from which can learn the ways to promote the open concepts in India.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The event shall be conducted as two sessions. Session 1 will be from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, and session 2 will be from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm (timings are subject to change, but the sessions are fixed). The morning session will include talks, and panel discussions. The session will start with a brief introduction to the concepts of Open Access, Open Data, and Open Education, their scenario in India. We will have talks by famous open society advocates, and followed by discussions on new approaches that can adopted by India for the promotion of open concepts. The session will also include OpenCon video content. The first session shall be followed by a lunch break and then by second session. Session 2 will be a workshop on Wikidata.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 50 (40 participants + 5 speakers + 5 coordinators/hosts)
- Number of participants to be trained for Wikidata: 20
- Number of Wikidata items to be improved/created: 100
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 5
- The following table shows the budget breakdown:
|1||Expenses of organizers
(travel, accommodation, food etc. for 5 people)
|2||Food and refreshments||₹20,000|
|3||Venue and Logistics
(IDs, stickers, stationery, internet etc.)
|4||Photo and videography||₹15,000|
- Support As initiator. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 04:47, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support Good initiative. -Abhinav Stivastava
- Support I think there needs to be more such events in New Delhi, India & i wholeheartedly support it.. Yohannvt (talk) 13:44, 27 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support I fully endorse this project for a successfull grant. best -Mompati Dikunwane
- Support Good initiative -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 17:57, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Full support for this initiative-- Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 13:23, 22 November 2017 (UTC)