Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Within the project I will work in Georgian Wikipedia and Wikicommons. Also, I will add to Wikidata and teach all these other participants.
- Training new editors.
- I will attract new editors who know Georgian language and will like to fill Georgian Wikipedia with articles and involve them in this training.
- Achieving the goals of Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
I regularly conduct field trainings in different regions of Georgia and teach pupils and students the alphabet of Wikipedia. I conduct Wiki-lessons at camps and master-classes for the teachers of Georgian Association of History Educators. Also, I manage two Wiki-clubs at central libraries of Khashuri and Surami. Twice a year, together with the pupils, I am invited to the wiki-camps of Armenia. At my free time, I conduct online trainings and consultations for the interested ones from home. I supplement Wikicommons and Wikidata of Georgian Wikipedia as well.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
I plan to continue various meetings with pupils within summer schools and camps. I am going to conduct master-classes for the history educators of Georgia. Also, I will organize thematic competitions (such as Wiki-Ural, monthly Wiki-projects, cooperation with Armenian and Bashkir Wikipedias), I will translate and create at least 5-10 articles in Georgian Wikipedia and edit various articles (at least 20-30 changes per day).
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
I will take care of the equipment and save it. If needed, it will be transferred to other members in a temporary ownership. Its data will be included in the special accounting records of Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
I will use the equipment carefully and store it. The resource of work is about 5 years.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
I regularly have to conduct field trainings in regions and teach pupils the basics of Wikipedia. I use the technique of the relevant schools and libraries. This is too inconvenient for me and them as well. I can’t take my service laptop to the trainings, because it contains service information.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- During six months, I will create 30 articles (each one at least 15 000 bytes).
- I will conduct two trainings at Wiki-club.
- I will organize a Wiki-contest.
- I will consult new users online.
- I will teach the members of the camp.
- I will conduct Wiki-lessons in one of the regions.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The volunteers do not have a laptop, in that case the member User:Jaba1977 will be responsible for making orders of the equipment, safely store the equipment if not in use, monitoring how the equipment is used.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Items||Quantity||Website of the store||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||in USD||Total||Note|
|laptop||1||www.altaok.ge||1000 ₾||386.45 $||1000 ₾||Because of the change of Dollar rate, the price may change. Here is the price of January 1, 2018.|
|laptop bag||1||www.altaok.ge||75 ₾||29 $||75 ₾|
|Grand total||415.45 $||1075 ₾|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Jaba is most active user in Kawiki and he really needs this Laptop. — Mikheil Talk 21:40, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support-David1010 (talk) 06:26, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support Jaba1977 is my wiki-teacher. With the help of him, I started from scratch and became the user, who knows how important each edit is for Wikipedia. He can help and train lots of pupils/students and volunteers to become Wikipedians and contribute to the biggest source of information and knowledge. For these kinds of activities, he needs this equipment, which he really deserves. — Lika Kharazishvili (talk) 13:50, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support— Nika chareqishvili (talk) 14:06, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support— Rgeti15 (talk) 15:17, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support— I think that the first who deserves it is Jaba, for today he is the most active, he who comes up with projects and promotes our Wikipedia, he who make it popular among people, I think that this is the great motivation for that person. NaswKai (talk) 15:49, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support — Armin Karapetyan (talk) 16:01, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support — Ավետիսյան91 (talk) 16:17, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support —Cercvadze2001 (talk) 16:40, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support —Marikuna-115 (talk) 17:05, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support — კოლხი (talk) 06:21, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support — Jaba is one of the most active editor and in my opinion hi is most important person for our Wikipedia, He deserves that. Nina1009 (talk) 20:24, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Ләйсән (talk) 15:43, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Visem (talk) 17:44, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support --З. ӘЙЛЕ (talk) 04:32, 9 January 2018 (UTC)