Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wiktionary Edit a Thon for Federal Civil Servants
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors:new editors will be recruited from staff working for different agencies in Nigerian government
- Increase skills for existing editors:existing editors will also have more opportunity to write in Igbo Language and improve their experience
- Add or improve content: the project will create new words for Igbo Wiktionary
- by getting public servants to join as editors, the project seek to introduce wikimedia foundation to the agencies that they work for and get them to begin adding and using information from wiki projects. This is a better way of getting these agencies to accept wikimedia in their different administrative and regulatory functions
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- we will be doing 4 edit a thon projects
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I am a civil servant working for the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I have already started telling my colleagues in my office. i am also telling other civil servants whose office are in the federal secretariat where our offices are located. I will also publicize it in our group whatsapp, face book etc
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- many existing wikimedia editors in Igbo language that i met in other projects will be working with me in this project. They include:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- participants are people who had been writing in Igbo Language and are interested in developing the language. They also have laptops. they are equipped for the project.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The participants are people who work in the same secretariat that I work. We will continue to meet and encourage each other to volunteer and help each other where there are challenges. There will also be continuous discussion in our social media group platforms
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants: 35
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 65
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- experienced Wikimedia igbo language editors will drive the planning and implementation of the project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Renting of work station in cybercafe $155 x 4 = $620
- payment for data $110 x 3 = $330
- Food and drink = 170 x 5 events = $850
- Miscellaneous expenses = $80
Total = 1,880 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Thank you Obi for this project. I believe that the civil servants will be excited to participate. The Igbo Wikimedia User Group will be glad to have members drawn from the participants of the project. I will be happy to support in any way I can to ensure that the targets and deliverables are met. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 11:34, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Great. Will contribute my time and knowledge and also this is an avenue to get new editors and add more content in the Igbo wiktionary Oby Ezeilo (talk) 19:28, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- This project will help in making wikipedia a house hold name and further promote Igbo language. I therefore support and commend the project. Humphrey19 ngene (talk) 12:27, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- I firmly support this project because it has a far reaching benefit that if approved, will promote the speaking of igbo language and culture among the young and old Anurikaonu (talk) 12:32, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- I really support this project, and i must confess i learnt a lot from it during Oby Ezeilo edit a thon in Federal Government Girls' College, Bwari. i also learn to know more about Wikipedia, what they do and how one can also contribute to sharing of knowledge. Hamzabash (talk) 09:16, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- i support this programme and will participate in it. Igboanude (talk) 11:24, 2 February 2019 (UTC)