Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wiktionary Edit-a-thon in Federal Government Girls’ College, Bwari, FCT, Nigeria
|Main page||First Event||Second Event||Third Event||Fourth Event||Fifth Event||Sixth Event||Seventh Event|
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Massive campaign to recruit Igbo language editors in Federal Government Girls’ College, Bwari, FCT, Nigeria
- Increase skills for existing editors: Increase the editing skill set of existing editors that participated in the Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon Project
- Add or improve content: Significantly add and improve content on the Igbo Language Wiktionary platform
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? We are planning a series of 4 editathons over 2 months.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Face to face discussions with existing Igbo Language editors that existing editors that participated in the Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon Project, there are 4 editors that are elated about the project and have commited to contribute to the success. The 30 Senior Secondary Class Students of Federal Government Girls’ College, Bwari, FCT, Nigeria that offer Igbo Language as a core subject. The 3 Igbo language teachers in Federal Government Girls’ College, Bwari, FCT, Nigeria.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
We have 4 existing Igbo Language editors. They include
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? A well equipped Computer Laboratory in Federal Government Girls’ College, Bwari, FCT, Nigeria, will be used as the venue for the training.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- WhatsApp Group
- Mailing List
- Face to face mentoring
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? When scaled the impact will be relevant and measurable.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants:
- Number of new editors: 30
- Number of of articles created or improved: 120
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). 4 Igbo Language Wikimedians will be involved in the project design, implementation and management.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $200 x 4 events = $800
- Post event cleanup = $50 x 4 events = $200
- Internet access: $25 x 4 events = $100
- Wiktionary Merchandise (T-Shirts): $15 x
408 participants = $600$120
- Diesel Fuel Purchase for Light Generator: $50 x 4 events = $200
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.) = $100
Total = 2,000 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- It would increase the Igbo Wiktionary content and create awareness about Wikimedia, especially the Wiktionary project in the school. It would help fast track the approval of Igbo Wiktionary in Incubator. Uzoma Ozurumba (talk) 09:18, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- It will increase the Content on the Igbo Wiktionary and also increase the number of Wikipedia Editors. It's a very good one. Tochi Precious (talk) 14:37, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I greatly endorse this project. It will not only improve the quality and quantity of content, it also has the possibility of moving the Igbo Wiktionary project out of the incubation phase. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 07:06, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- She is Inspire others, committed and inspired others one ideal characteristics about her is accountability. If you have any queries regarding Oby Ezeilo, please contact me via my email; email@example.com GodwinPaya (talk) 13:58, 11 May 2018 (UTC)