Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Introduce Wiki Loves Africa project to existing and new contributors of wiki commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Africa and its purpose.
- Recruit loyal contributors (professional photographers and non professional)to wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Engage existing contributors and encourage them to continue contributing even when the contest is over.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in Zambia will focus on photo shooting activities under the theme play. Pictures uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to Zambians and Africans under play on wikipedia and its sister project.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
They will be contacted on the Chewa and English Wikipedia and FB contest page. The use banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on Facebook page and on the Chewa twitter account.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a panel of 3 judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will have edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia. We may also create new articles based on these images at the edit-a-thons.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 800+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 25+
- 4 months after the event, 50 of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Isaac Kanguya, Project Leader
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD =11.7387 ZMW as of 23 October, 2018 
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Venue||2||$150||$300||This includes first launch event and second event. We will have the introduction of Wiki Loves Africa project, wikicommons and an uploading session and awareness. (Both Venue and Snacks)|
|Branding & Stationaries||T-Shirts||10||$7.5||$75||T-shirt will be given to contributors who has uploaded good number and quality photos, as well as to participants who has exceptional contributions during competition as determined by the jury.|
|Printed Best Images||20||$5||$100|
|Communications & Outreach||Transport||4||$25||$100||Internet will be used during events for photo uploading. Communication-Marketing (flyers and stickers printing, t-shirts, documents and photoshooting learning guides...)|
|Internet at the events||3||$52||$156|
|Photo hunt (Photo Walk)||3||$50||$150|
|Social Media (Promotion)||5||$10||$50|
|Closing Ceremony||Awards giving||(1st,2nd,3rd)||$350||$350||The award will be given in term of vouchers and certificates. We will give vouchers cards worthy $200 to the first winner, $100 to the second winner and $50 to the third one, the winners can spend vouchers cards on what they choose. This event will be hosted on a different venue, a plan is to hold this event for three hours at Lusaka Play House and have at-least 80 to 100 people attending.|
|Drinks and Snacks||1||$100||$100|
|Contingency Amount||$100||Unforeseen expenses|
|Total: USD 1896|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- With the need for increased editorship in Zambia, this would be a great opportunity to further the growth of the community. Also, Isaac is the perfect choice for project leader. His achievements on Wikipedia recently recognized at Wikimania in Cape Town. McKensie Mack (talk) 19:55, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support THE ONE PEOPLE (talk) 04:23, 1 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support solid proposition ! Anthere (talk)
- Support This will be a perfect opportunity to increase the numbers of contents related to Zambia as well as to improve the existing ones. Good luck! 🍂 Notanotheramy (talk) 14:25, 4 November 2018 (UTC)