Grants:Project/Rapid/Hausa Wikimedians User Group/Hausa wiktionary edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Bring together Volunteers
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add and improve contents
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Plans to hold two (2) Edit-a-thons and trainings in Kaduna and Katsina states.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We would notify them through our User group social media handles Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp groups
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes of course, I M-Mustapha will lead the event with the help of these users as facilitators
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes! they do have the equipment may be with some reasonable skills, but the main reason behind these projects is to exposed our local editors to contributing to other wikimedia projects specially ha.wiktionary editing which has been quite with less activities.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Definitely new participants would be recruited and we will make sure they sign up to our User group members list and follow us on our various social media handles in order to keep them updated of what we do.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes! Definitely this project will help attract readers and contributors towards the project and at the same improve the skills of existing users.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes! Here is the link to our risk assessment protocol in relation to Covid19 spread prevention. Risk assessment protocol to prevent spread of Covid19
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events Two (2)
- Number of participants Twenty (20)
- Number of new editors Seven (7)
- Number of articles created or improved Fifty (50)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) NA
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I M-Mustapha, an active Wikipedian contributing mostly to Hausa Wikipedia and enwiki, Cofounder of Hausa Wikimedians UG, I will organize the project in Kaduna state with the help of our active members, and any support from anywhere else in kind or donation that would be of help to the success of this project is highly welcomed.
- Ammarpad will lead the Katsina event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- This is the budget breakdown for the events
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Event space||2||100,000||200,000||526||Event space for the two cities|
|2||Food||20||3000×2||120,000||315.7||This would cover the cost of refreshments for participants and Facilitators during the events|
|3||Router/Wifi with Data for Internet access||2||75,000 x 2||150,000||394.7||This is the cost of Router with Internet access for the two days events|
|4||Transportation for event facilitators to and from the events||10,000||50,000||131.6||This will take care of transportation of volunteers to-and-fro before and during the events processing for the both two events|
|5||Fliers/Handbills and Banner||–||70,000||184||Design of promotional Fliers and Banner to be used during the events|
|6||Certificates of participation||40||40,000||105||Participants who fully participate in the workshop will be awarded a certificate|
|7||Miscellaneous/Tags and Shirts for facilitators||10 shirts||-||50,000||131||This is for workshop facilitators|
|9||Total||710,000||1867||At the CBN rate of N380/$1|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support - This is absolutely a better effort to improve Hausa Wikimedia. I really support it - Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 08:39, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I support this programm, it will build up a strong Hausa Wikitionary. Anasskoko (talk) 10:23, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Support I support this program because it will boost the work of wikitionary and hausa Wikipedia at large. Musa Vacho77 (talk) 12:53, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Support I support this proposal as it will greatly help in encouraging more people to be familiar with Wiktionary and contribute. The project leaders are also capable of making it successfully. My name is Abbas. Abbasanusi (talk) 10:24, 7 October 2020 (UTC)