- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
We will organize the Wiki Loves Africa photo contest and several offline events:
- 2 photo-hunts followed by workshops to upload pictures
- 1 Awards ceremony
- 2 edit-a-thons to integrate pictures on Wikipedia articles.
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Senegal will focus on photo shooting activities under the theme "Transportation". Pictures will be uploaded on Commons and will be used to illustrate Senegalese related articles on Wikipedia and on its sister projects.
- We will organize photo-hunts to have pictures of places not accessible to the general public.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Offline: Word of mouth and posters will be printed and displayed in libraries, Universities and schools
- Online: We will set up social media pages (Facebook, Twitter ) to reach people online. Last year' participants will be contacted.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A panel of 3 judges will set criteria and will select 3 best images based on these criteria. The composition is under discussions and we would like to have one professional photographer, one wikimedian and one person from a transport or cultural organisation. The jury will have at least one woman.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have at least two edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia. We may also create new articles based on these images at the edit-a-thons.
- We will also use the ISA tool to add structured data to the images and ease their reuse.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Team members
We are in contact with cultural organizations which can host the events.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Items||Description||Quantity||Unit Price (FCFA)||Unit Price ($)||Total ($)|
|Photohunt||Transportation and lunch for photohunt participants (15 persons per event)||2||112,500||191.32||382.64|
|Snacking||Snacks and drinks for participants during upload events||2||50,000||85.03||170.06|
|Internet data||Internet data at the 2 upload events and awards ceremony||3||10,000||17.01||51.02|
|Awards ceremony||Venue, snacks & drinks||1||75,000||127.55||127.55|
|Best 3 photos||Prizes for the three best photos||3||50,000||85.03||255.09|
|Jury||Per diems/Gifts for jury members||3||20,000||34.01||102.04|
|Communications outreach||Marketing materials (posters, fliers, social media)||1||75,000||127.55||127.55|
|Transportation||Volunteers transportations for the events (including preparatory meetings)||1||100,000||170.06||170.06|
|Editathons||Snacks, drinks and internet for participants||2||60,000||102.04||204.08|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!