Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- recruit new editors as well as volunteers.
- add new content (article, pictures) about local phenomenons, events, people in the Belarusian language.
- inform communities about educational potential of Wikipedia
- ice-break misunderstanding about wiki technology.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- 10 meet-ups like Editathons for local and topic communities during eights months.
- 12 meetings for preparation and team-building (offline and online).
There is a list of core activists who are engaged in the project preparation.
- Artificial123 - 3 years experience, 25,000 edits, administrator of Belarusian Wikipedia.
- Pessimist2006 - 8 years experience, 200,000 edits, with extensive experience of lectures on Wikipedia.
- Mr. Zabej - a wiki contributor, community building, contest organization, international contacts.
- Svetit - a wiki contributor, photographer, painter, master classes trainer, logistics.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience? Approaches:
- We usually use gatekeepers in target communities and these people help us make first contact with a group.
- Some of us are a members of the community; and the contact occurs directly.
- We use media channels of community (website, social networks pages, subscription).
- Volunteers will be engaged using Wikipedias forum/village pumps (be and be-tarask) and current group in Facebook.
- Before direct activity in the field we make survey and explore community's needs (like this)
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Support Wikipedia directly through pages of learning, personal mentorship.
- Receive an incentive posts thanks for editing in Wikipedia.
- By being involved in the traditional Wikipedia communication (discussion page, local forum) as well as social networks opportunity.
- Collect contacts in lectures and workshops to gather information that interested party and to support future communication.
- Gathering information about the post-party interest for further cooperation.
- Offer part-help projects in the Belarusian User Group.
- Involve active content making newcomers for participate in #10wikidays.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of events: 10 (5 master-classes, 3 wiki-expeditions, 2 lections)
- Number of participants: 100+
- Number of new editors: 40
- Number of of articles created or improved: 30 (20 improved)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 100 photos
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 25% of total number of photos uploaded (~25)
- Number of people who will help organize meetings: 15 (10 new of them)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The projector and the screen in the school halls.
- Local publications (newspapers) and library assets.
- Participants or organizers' photocameras.
- Friends living in areas near photo walks and master-classes activities.
- User laptops.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Transport = $15 x 4 organizers x 3 wiki-expeditions = $180
- Stationery $50
- Food = $15 x 4 organizers x 3 wiki-expeditions x 2 days = $360
- T-Shirt = $15 x 3 winners x 8 activities = $360
- Books for winners = $10 x 8 activities = $80
- Badges = $1 x 100 = $100
- Postcards with photos of participants = $1 x 200 = $200
- Internet (3G) = $15 x 3 = $45
- Training events:
- Rent of premises - $10 x 12=$120
- Dinners for organizers-participants $5 x 4 x 12=$240
- Support --Maksim L. (talk) 11:42, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Хомелка (talk) 12:43, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Ohlumon (talk) 12:46, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Belarus2578 (talk) 13:15, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Hanylka (talk) 13:32, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Tomasz Bladyniec (talk) 16:20, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Nieszczarda2 (talk) 20:55, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Kalinowski (talk) 22:05, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Da voli (talk) 07:25, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Liashko (talk) 22:00, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Original page with creating the proposal