Grants:Project/Rapid/Ebenezer Mlay/ Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Arusha, Tanzania 2020
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Promote engagement of existing editors
- Promote the use of digital media files from photography contests and photowalks
- Improve the quality of Wikipedia Articles in Swahili Language
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The community will focus on the use of photos collected in the Wikimedia Projects and using the in Wikipedia articles. It is important to community as the the Wikimedia Community Arusha is still a young and growing community through participating in this project the community members will be more exposed to the Wikimedia projects and thus the community will be able to bring a bigger impact.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have social media pages(WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram) for the Wikimedia Community Arusha which we will use as the channels to let the community members to know about the contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The number of edits (photos added to different articles)
- The relevance of the added photo to the article.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Members will be trained in the discovery of Commons and on how to use images on Wikipedia articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project will strictly be online due to the current global situation
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants - 15
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects - 300
- Number of articles created or improved - 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Ebenezer Mlay – Event organizer and facilitator
- John Massawe – Event Advisor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 2,314.74 TZS as of 14 June 2020 
- Project budget table
|Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Communication (Phone calls)||1||$30||$30||This will be used to make external phone calls, to keep track and provide easy support to the participants.|
|Internet||15||$25.9201||$388.801||This will be used to run the online events where as participants will be provided with money to buy internet bundles|
|Winners Prizes||1||$450||$450||1st Prize ($200), 2nd Prize ($150) & 3rd Prize ($100) - All will be provide in gift cards|
|Contingency amount||1||$25||$25||This might be used to fix any change in the exchange rate|
|Total: USD 893.801|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!