Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Organize the contest this year in Centre, Littoral, South-West and far-north regions of Cameroon
- Recruit and engage new contributors
- Emphasis on training sessions by professionnal photographers to facilitate newers about photography work
- Share useful skills of how to contribute to wikicommons and how to contribute useful photos which can be used in other Wikimedia projects.
- Train new editors through online photo upload sessions.
- Add more images about Home and Habitat in our country
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Cameroon is focusing its activities of the Wiki Loves Africa Cameroon 2022 competition on four cities (Buea, Yaoundé, Douala and Maroua).
Each month we will have an activity in each of the cities from the official launch (February 15, 2022).
- Awareness on social networks from January
- Distribution of posters and flyers from January
- Workshop about 16 events including Training sessions + PhotoWalk + Uploads session and how to participate : 3 events in Buea, 5 events in Yaounde, 3 events in Douala and 5 events in Maroua, from February-March-April
- A photo exhibition (5 best images) will take place at local structure with closing ceremony
- Jury work sessions
- Closing ceremony
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon : 1 or 2 events to be held
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have an address book of former participants in our previous contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth). We will use our social media channels, news, television, Creation of posters and flyers, t-shirts... We will also use the network of photographers with whom we have partnerships.
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will have a panel of 2 or 3 judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- We will have a panel of judges (made up of professional photographers from each region) who will establish criteria for the best images and use them as the basis for selecting the best images for local awards.
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Activities will be host in Douala, Yaounde, Buea and in northern Cameroon. We except a success event in all regions this year.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 20+
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 200+
- Number of articles created or improved: 10+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: More than 50
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Team Members
- User:Geugeor: Lead
- User:xSavitar: Lead
- User:Bile_rene: Contest organizer
- User:Eugene233: Contest organizer
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|No.||Item||Number||Sessions||Unit Cost (FCFA)||Total cost (FCA)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Participant's transport||20||16||1000||320000||$551.72||Contributor's transport|
|2||Trainer's urban transport per session||2||3||5000||30000||$51.72||Trainers urban transport(in the town)|
|3||Transport Yaounde - Douala||1||3||15000||45000||$77.59||Interurban Transport for trainer|
|4||Transport Yaounde - Buea||1||3||20000||60000||$103.45||Interurban Transport for trainer|
|5||Transport Yagoua - Maroua||1||5||10000||50000||$86.21||Interurban Transport for trainer|
|6||Accommodation (Douala, Buea, Maroua)||1||11||10000||110000||$189.66||Trainer rest|
|7||Venue - event room (Douala, Buea, Maroua)||1||11||20000||220000||$379.31||Venue|
|8||Snack & Foods All towns||1||16||25000||400000||$689.66||Restaurant|
|9||Restaurant for Professionnal Photographers||4||2||5000||40000||$68.97||Restaurant|
|10||Transport of Professional Photographers||4||4||5000||80000||$137.93||Photographer's urban transport|
|11||Prizes (3 winners)||1||1||265000||265000||$456.90||Gift - Award|
|12||Photos and certificates print||3||1||45000||135000||$232.76||Printing|
|13||Closing ceremony (Venue, Snack, Food...)||1||1||150000||150000||$258.62||Award ceremony|
|14||Jury Transport||4||1||10000||40000||$68.97||Transport fees|
|18||Communication (presse ecrite, blogs, reseaux sociaux)||1||1||50000||50000||$86.21||All contest communication|
|19||Media tour (émission radio, Tv…)||4||1||25000||100000||$172.41||Radio and Tv communications|
|21||Notepads||30||1||2500||75000||129.31||Take notes during sessions|
|24||Contingency Amount||1||1||10000||10000||$17.24||Unforeseen expenses|
|25||Bank fees||1||1||26810||26810||$46.22||Bank restriction payment|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!